2

The next day, Bern went straight to Cale's room to return the money he borrowed yesterday.

Even if Cale said there was no need, Bern still did it.

That's because he is the old one there.  How could he owe something to a young man?

- I'm going to die...

The ghost of Basen hangs on Bern who continues to walk as if nothing is wrong.

Bern got up early in the morning before anyone else woke up, doing physical exercises that would make someone lie in bed for several hours afterward.

- You're a mage, what do you train your muscles for...?

Basen asked as he felt tired just by watching Bern train with his body.

'You would have died if you were this weak in my era.'

- Your era was only 100 years ago, not 10,000 years ago!

Basen complained.  Nothing in the history books from 100 years ago tells of anything that happened in 680.

- Is your name really just Bern?  If you are someone famous, I definitely know who you are!

Bern sighed internally hearing that.

'Bern Kaylith, that's my name.'

Bern felt it was okay to tell Basen considering he couldn't talk to anyone else at the moment.

- I've never heard that name.

Bern's footsteps stopped when he heard that.

He doesn't feel the need for his name to be recorded in history, but his name should be mentioned at least once in the history book.

The one who fights with the white star.  His name should exist because of that achievement.

'What about White Star?'

Bern asked again.

- There's no record of that.

Bern fell silent hearing that.

White Star appeared when he was still an inexperienced mage.

All the tragedies that happened were because of that bastard.

Yet it's not in the history books today?

It was as if someone had deliberately erased history during the appearance of White Star.

- On second thought, from 643 to 680, were the years of emptiness.

?

How did it become a year of emptiness?

- There was a big fire in the entire history book storage area in 690. And the history book disappeared in the fire as it has gone just like that.

Bern felt a headache.  It couldn't have been a coincidence that 10 years later all the history books burned.

Someone must want to cover something up.

But why?

Bern sighed and decided not to think about it.

The most important thing now is to find out how to return that body to Basen again.

Bern met a black-haired man whose face was foreign, but also familiar to Bern.

And that man looked the strongest in the mansion at the moment.

'Korea?'

The word crossed Bern's mind seeing the boy nod politely and walk away.