14

Bern saw two graves with Zyon Mark and Stella Mark's tombstone name next to Watch Hanton's tombstone.

'This is all I can do for you.'

Bern looks at the cute bird that sits on the tombstone.

Cale and Basen only saw Bern standing still in front of the three tombstones.

'He must have snuck into the palace last night.'

Cale understood that Bern needed some alone time right now.

Meanwhile, Basen looked worried because Bern's soul really radiated extraordinary sad energy.

However, after some time, Bern took a deep breath, and returned to his usual calm self, approaching Cale and Ghost Basen.

"Let's go. We can't be late with the promise you made with that tall man."

Cale just nodded and started to order the others to start moving.

- Are you alright?  Your soul was very sad just now!

Basen was confused about how Bern could get rid of his sadness in just a short time.  Now Basen couldn't feel even the slightest sad emotion in Bern's soul.

Bern smiled and stroked the head of ghost Basen who was always worried about something.

'I'm someone who breaks down when no one is around me.'

?

Basen was confused by that, but Bern didn't say anything else.

But Basen knew that Bern always had stronger emotions when he was alone, compared to when he was in a position where many people saw him.

- 'Is there a reason for that?'

However, Basen didn't want to question Bern further considering the sad emotions he felt earlier.

- 'I would go crazy if that happened to my family.'

Basen looked at the grave which looked quite nice.  Even though just knowing Cale was now in another world made him drink the wine.

He couldn't imagine if one of the Henituse family was beheaded and his head was displayed as a sinner for decades.

Basen only saw Cale, who always looked stoic and calm, and Bern, who was always calm and elegant, who could control their emotions well.

It shows how mature the two of them are in Basen's eyes even though Cale is sometimes a bit stupid when it comes to love.

.

.

.

After a short journey on foot because carriages could no longer enter and riding a horse would look arrogant to the non-mage base, they finally arrived.

Bern just looked around, there was also a mage's corpse impaled on a log until it would rot on its own.

There were also burned corpses of mages.

Bern has no mercy on those who commit crimes.

Bern felt more guilty towards the non-mage faction who were injured because of the civil war that could have been avoided.

Seeing the blood splattered on the ground...

'Your efforts are ultimately wasted.'

Zyon tried his best to eliminate the hierarchy in the mage and non-mage system because Zyon felt the system was super sick.

With Bern's protection as the magic tower master, Zyon could do that.

But in the end, in just 100 years, everything was destroyed.