Chapter 6

Y/N POV

Time seemed to crawl at a slow pace, every minute dragging its feet as you anxiously awaited the end of the school day. The minutes felt like hours as you counted the seconds until your final period ended.

With an intense stare fixed on the clock, you watched the hands move agonizingly slowly, inching closer to the coveted after-school hour. As the last bell finally rang, signaling the end of class, you wasted no time darting out of the room. Dodging through the bustling crowd of students, you were determined to be the first out, eager to escape the suffocating atmosphere of the school halls.

You longed for the solitude of your workplace, where you could immerse yourself in tasks far removed from the noise and distractions of life.

Speeding along the corridor, you made a beeline for the exit, your mind already on your part-time job awaiting him beyond the school gates. However, your hurried pace came to an abrupt halt as something unexpected caught your eye—an open classroom door, offering an enticing glimpse.

Inside, your gaze fell upon an unmistakably charming figure, none other than Danielle Marsh.

You were captivated by her presence, your gaze drawn to the intricate details that adorned her face like a masterpiece

You were captivated by her presence, your gaze drawn to the intricate details that adorned her face like a masterpiece. Each delicate mole, the gentle curve of her lips, and the sparkle in her eyes rendered you momentarily speechless.

As you stood there, grappling with her presence's unfamiliar warmth, conflicting emotions surged within you. The vulnerability creeping in felt like a breach in the composed exterior you usually wore, a crack that threatened to unravel the carefully constructed walls around your heart. You were torn between the desire to embrace Danielle's presence and the instinct to retreat into the safety of your solitude.

You believed happiness was temporary, slipping through your fingers the moment you dared to grasp it too tightly. While you didn't necessarily associate Danielle with this sentiment, you couldn't shake the fear of losing something that could bring light into your life. The thought of risking that fragile sense of contentment was enough to keep your heart barricaded, unwilling to take the chance on something that might ultimately slip away.

You unconsciously stood there, staring at her as the thoughts lingered in your mind, when she suddenly turned around.