Chapter 5

Y/N POV

It's already the next day and you're already doing your morning routine as usual. You took a bath, changed into your newly ironed uniform, and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Yesterday was quite the day, an eventful one at that, and it was all thanks to Danielle. You hadn't experienced that much interaction in forever, it honestly took a toll on you. It also didn't help that Danielle had this assertive side to her when it came to certain things, just like last night.

She paid for everything that was set on the table and even offered you a ride home but you refused the latter.

"Are you sure you don't want me to give you a ride home? I don't mind, really~" she said, persuading you.

"No thanks; you paying for everything was more than enough," you bowed, refusing to look into her eyes as you were too embarrassed to show your face.

"Aww, alright then," she sighed, finally accepting your refusal. "But always remember."

She said, making you look up at her. You saw the sincerity in her expression as she smiled brightly at you.

"Whenever you need something, don't hesitate to run to me, okay?" she winked at you before getting inside her vehicle as their family driver drove them home. Again, she didn't give you a choice, as if she had already set that in stone.

"Aish, that girl, really," you rubbed your nape, not knowing what to do at this point. You're her friend but you couldn't consider her your friend.

"Maybe I could—no!" you shook the thought out of your head. You soften your grip on the butter knife; you didn't realize you were squeezing so hard. You continued making breakfast, wanting to forget about it.

"No, I can't. Not again."

After creating 4 slices of peanut butter and jelly jam, you brushed your teeth and finally left your apartment for school. You only lived a few blocks away from campus so it wasn't a hassle to get there by foot. Besides, it was still 5:30 AM and a little exercise won't hurt anybody.

It did not take you long to get to school; you bowed courteously to the guard, who was used to your frequent early arrivals, and proceeded directly to your classroom.

Entering the empty corridors of the school building, you made your way to your classroom, the dim lighting casting shadows along the walls. Taking your usual seat near the window, you settled in and waited for the sun to rise.

As expected, no one was present besides you; most of them were probably still preparing for school or asleep, having fun in dreamland. You took a seat at your favorite spot, the one nearest the window, because it allowed you to escape reality and enjoy the beautiful view of the sunrise, where sunshine graces the land, giving the earth a beautiful aesthetic.

It comforted you despite its temporariness during the day, it was something that you always looked forward to.

A couple of minutes in, as you patiently waited for the sun to rise...

"What are you staring at?" a voice suddenly filled the quiet classroom, causing you to jolt slightly from your chair.

"My goodness," you blurted.

You turned to see Danielle standing in the doorway, a playful grin on her lips.

"Danielle? What are you doing here?" you ask, clutching your chest from the slight scare she gave you.

"Uhh, to study?" she replied, unsure about what answer to give you.

"I mean," you facepalmed. "Why are you here so early?"