chapter 13: vagrant shenanigans

(continue from what we left off from chapter 12)

As Seele stormed away, her silhouette fading into the noisy streets, the Astral Express, Bronya, and Sampo found themselves standing outside the scene of the chaos.

Bronya: Well, that could have gone better...

Sampo: Oh, don't worry about it too much. Seele has always been a bit spiky. But she means well, in her own way.

March 7: So, what now? We go find Chief Oleg?

Stelle: Sounds like a hoot! But let's keep our eyes peeled for trouble. We don't want to waltz into a minefield without a map.

Danheng: Sounds good. Let's stick together and keep an eye out for each other. You never know what surprises might await us inside.

Bronya's sigh carried a hint of resignation as she contemplated their next move.

Bronya: Well, I have no choice but to follow. Perhaps it's an opportunity to explore this unknown land a little further and get to know the underground better, I suppose.

As the Astral Express and Bronya began to make their way towards the entrance of the mine, they glanced back to find Sampo rooted to the spot, seemingly unmoving.

March 7th's voice cut through the tense atmosphere, her curiosity piqued as she noticed Sampo's reluctance to move.

March 7th:Hey, what gives, Sampo? Aren't you coming along with us?

Sampo chuckled nervously, his demeanor shifting as he made his excuses.

Sampo: Haha, my apologies, my friends. I think I'll sit this one out. Got to tie up some loose ends, you know? Besides, I've fulfilled my promise on my end, haven't I? Can't you guys let me off the hook now?

Dan heng let out a sigh, acknowledging Sampo's point but expressing caution.

Dan heng: I guess you did serve your purpose. But if you do scheme anything on us...

He gave Stelle a stern look, emphasizing the seriousness of the situation, before nodding in agreement.

Stelle cracked her fingers with hostility, a clear warning in her demeanor.

Stelle: You know what will happen.

Sampo gluged nervously, trying to lighten the mood.

Sampo: Hehehe, come on, guys. Where's the trust in this Koski? Can't a guy have a change of heart?

As Sampo tried to brush off the tension, March 7th folded her arms, eyeing him skeptically.

March 7th: I'm not so sure about this, guys. Should we really trust someone who abandoned us when we were surrounded by the Silvermane Guard out in the middle of a frozen field?

Stelle: She's got a point. Sampo seems to have his own agenda. We should watch our backs.

Dan Heng: There's no use dwelling on it for now. We have to focus on finding Chief Oleg and discussing if he knows where the Stellaron is.