Chapter 15 Deceiving Me

Chemistry teacher was taken aback, "You... you don't know either?"

"Yeah," said Xie Chen calmly, without changing his expression, "It's been too long since I reviewed this topic, so I'm rusty."

"Oh," the chemistry teacher still seemed a bit puzzled, but she picked up the chalk nonetheless, "Alright, let's go over it one more time."

After class, the chemistry teacher called Cheng Sijiao and Xie Chen to her office together.

"Xie Chen, is something bothering you lately?" The teacher seemed concerned, unable to digest the fact that her most outstanding student couldn't even solve the most basic problems. "Or maybe you're not feeling well because of lack of rest?"

Xie Chen had expected this reaction from the teacher. After a moment of silence, he replied, "Maybe it's because of lack of rest. Don't worry, teacher, it's nothing serious."

"That's good," the chemistry teacher breathed a sigh of relief, taking a sip of water. "You can go back now and adjust yourself properly. If you have any questions, you can come to me."

"Okay," he glanced at Cheng Sijiao before leaving. "Thank you, teacher."

After Xie Chen left, the teacher called Cheng Sijiao over. Her expression softened, no longer as stern as during class, as she inquired, "Cheng Sijiao, right? I heard from your homeroom teacher that you transferred from somewhere else, where was it?"

"Liaocheng."

"Okay, good." She rummaged through the stack of papers on her desk, pulling out a report card. "I see your previous grades were pretty good. What happened in this exam?"

Cheng Sijiao explained truthfully, "Teacher, I studied a different elective textbook at my previous school."

"No wonder," the teacher nodded, after a moment of thought, she said, "It's okay, the content we cover in elective three isn't too extensive. I'll go over it again in the next class, and make sure to review the book on your own before then."

"Oh, right," she remembered something else and asked Cheng Sijiao, "They said you're the new class monitor, is that correct?"

Thinking about this made Cheng Sijiao feel troubled. She lowered her head helplessly and replied, "Yes, the homeroom teacher appointed me."

"That Mr. Zhao..." The teacher understood what was going on and sighed. "Well, since you've taken on the role, just do your best. I noticed earlier in class that Xutin, Baixuan, and a few other girls weren't very friendly towards you. Don't pay attention to them."

"Okay, thank you, teacher."

"Take this back with you," she handed Cheng Sijiao a stack of papers. "These are some practice questions for elective three. You can work on them first."

"Give a copy to Xie Chen too," perhaps worried that Xie Chen might really have some issues, she handed another stack to Cheng Sijiao. "You can discuss any questions you have with him. That boy may seem unreliable, but he takes his studies seriously."

"Okay."

After returning to the classroom, Cheng Sijiao placed the practice questions on her desk, preparing to ask Baixuan why she was targeting her. She couldn't understand why Baixuan had a grudge against her when she hadn't done anything wrong.

"But she searched the classroom high and low and couldn't see any sign of Baixuan.

"Goddess."

She suddenly heard someone calling her, and Cheng Sijiao followed the voice to see Lu Qifeng waving at her by the window.