Chapter 9: Brother

"Xie Chen cast a disdainful glance at Lu Qi Feng, saying, 'Quite an imaginative mind you have.'"

Lu Qi Feng continued to showcase his deductive skills, analyzing with Xie Chen, "You see, when my goddess makes a phone call, she smiles so happily, and her tone is gentle and patient."

"So what?" Xie Chen looked at Lu Qi Feng speechlessly.

"It proves that the person she talks to on the phone is someone she likes!" Lu Qi Feng looked at Xie Chen sternly, "Girls only act like this with someone they like, do you understand?"

"Who said that liking someone must mean they're a boyfriend?" Xie Chen felt it was all quite absurd. "Can you stop meddling in other people's affairs?"

Xie Chen's words woke up Lu Qi Feng: "Yeah, what if it's her little brother?"

"I'll ask her tomorrow."

Xie Chen couldn't wait to bury this embarrassing matter on the spot. He pulled Lu Qi Feng towards the dormitory, saying, "Don't embarrass yourself here."

-

The next morning, during the break in training, Class Two was taken to a shaded area to rest. Cheng Siqiao and Xie Chen sat close together, but neither spoke to each other.

Lu Qi Feng walked over to Cheng Siqiao, who felt annoyed remembering the events of the previous night. Frowning, she looked at him and impatiently asked, "Why are you here again?"

Lu Qi Feng chuckled, glanced at Xie Chen beside him, then cautiously asked, "Hey, classmate, can I ask you a question?"

Cheng Siqiao, with her chin resting on her hands, gave a nonchalant nod without lifting her eyelids.

"That goddess, do you have a boyfriend?" Lu Qi Feng inquired.

Cheng Siqiao raised her head to look at him, still unimpressed, and retorted, "What does it matter to you whether I have a boyfriend or not?"

"Just curious," Lu Qi Feng explained, "or maybe you have a younger brother?"

Cheng Siqiao had no intention of bringing up Cheng Yan in front of her classmates, and with her patience worn thin by Lu Qi Feng, she furrowed her brows, saying, "Why are you asking so many questions? Do you think you're checking household registers?"

"I just asked casually," Lu Qi Feng unwilling to give up easily said, "None at all?"

"Guess for yourself," Cheng Siqiao rolled her eyes, stood up, and walked over to Zhou Yangyang, leaving Lu Qi Feng standing there in a daze.

Lu Qi Feng patted Xie Chen on the shoulder, "Bro Chen, you heard it, right?"

"I'm not deaf." Xie Chen glanced at him, "If you have something to say, just say it."

"After the conversation just now," Lu Qi Feng approached Xie Chen a bit, "I'm even more certain—"

"My goddess has a little boyfriend."

"No." Xie Chen found Lu Qi Feng's baseless deduction absurd. "How did you come to that conclusion? She didn't say anything."

"No, no, no," Lu Qi Feng shook his head, feigning experienced insight, "When she answered my first question, the hesitation was longer than the second. That means she lied to the first question."

Xie Chen: "..."

"It's a shame you're not working as a detective." Lu Qi Feng pretended to be serious. "I'm serious. I didn't expect my long-admired goddess to already have someone."

"Still, it's just a little boyfriend."

He looked at Xie Chen with a lamenting expression, "My goddess is quite wild, huh."