Chapter 8 : Little boyfriend

Luk Chi Fung: "..."

"You really have no taste," Luk Chi Fung expressed dissatisfaction.

Xie Chen clicked his tongue, picked up the basketball beside him, and ignored him.

After the physical education class, it was Mr. Zhao's math class. Most of the students were half asleep after the energetic game.

A few minutes before the end of class, Mr. Zhao knocked on the blackboard. "Wake up, everyone! Let me tell you something."

"When we were in the first year, Yinghu Military Training Base was not open to the public, so military training was postponed. Now, after the decision of the school leaders, our second-year students will undergo a one-week military training in Yinghu three days later."

As soon as Mr. Zhao finished speaking, the students below woke up instantly and began discussing the matter.

"Huh? Military training can still be resumed?"

"That's great! A week without classes!"

"I'd rather attend classes. Qaq."

After hearing this news, Cheng Sijiao was stunned for a moment.

Going for a week of military training also meant that she couldn't go home for a week.

Her first reaction was to think of Cheng Yan, followed by considering whether she could skip this military training.

When the bell rang, Xie Chen got up and left. Cheng Sijiao, still pondering the matter, hesitated for a long time before knocking on Mr. Zhao's office door.

She pushed the door open, but unexpectedly, Xie Chen was also inside. Mr. Zhao was discussing something with him.

Seeing Cheng Sijiao, Mr. Zhao gestured for Xie Chen to wait aside. Putting down the thick stack of materials in his hand, he smiled and asked, "Do you have something on your mind?"

Cheng Sijiao looked at Xie Chen with some discomfort. After he avoided her gaze, she organized her words and asked, "Teacher, I want to ask about the military training you just mentioned. Is it mandatory for everyone to attend?"

"Technically, yes," Mr. Zhao took a sip of water from the thermos next to him. "Our school has special regulations. The performance in military training is included in the comprehensive ability and quality scores for regular assessments. This score directly relates to some special enrollment policies in your senior year. So, unless there are extremely special circumstances, everyone is required to participate."

He continued, "Fortunately, we are starting military training this semester. Otherwise, you would have to catch up with the freshmen and sophomores. That would be more troublesome."

Cheng Sijiao bit her lip and nodded.

Seeing her expression, Mr. Zhao said with some concern, "Is there anything special at home, or is it due to health reasons?"

"Huh?" Cheng Sijiao couldn't find a suitable reason, so she shook her head and denied, "No, it's just a casual question."

"If there is really anything inconvenient, remember to tell the teacher."

"I will," Cheng Sijiao promised. "Teacher, then I'll go back first."

The rest of the day Cheng Sijiao couldn't gather her spirits, her mind filled with thoughts about military training. On the way home with Xie Chen in the evening, she remained silent.

She didn't know what was wrong with her.

Back home, seeing her expression, Zhou Yun sensed something was amiss and pulled her to sit on the sofa. "Sijiao, what happened?"