Chapter 5: Flirting

Cheng Sijiao understood the meaning behind his words and couldn't hold back her anger, saying, "Are you crazy?"

Without arguing with her, Xie Chen walked towards another intersection. After a few moments of silence, Cheng Sijiao ultimately gave in, held her breath, and followed Xie Chen's footsteps.

When they reached the school gate, a figure came running from the side and hooked Xie Chen's neck.

"Good morning, Brother Chen! I've missed you so much!" Lu Qifeng shouted loudly.

Xie Chen coldly pulled away from his grasp.

Lu Qifeng noticed Cheng Sijiao on the side, approached her, and smiled, "Hey, what a coincidence."

Without looking at him, Cheng Sijiao frowned and walked a few steps away from the two.

"Is something bothering you? Tell me, who upset you? I'll beat them up for you," Lu Qifeng, completely oblivious, initiated a conversation with her.

Hearing this, Cheng Sijiao's mood lightened a bit. She looked at Lu Qifeng and asked, "Really?"

Lu Qifeng, eager to help, reassured her, "Of course, let me see who dares to mess with you."

Cheng Sijiao pointed her finger at Xie Chen and said, "Him."

Lu Qifeng's smile disappeared, and he glanced nervously at Xie Chen. Trying to mediate, he said, "I think there must be some misunderstanding in this."

"Too much nonsense," Cheng Sijiao frowned.

"Uh, I suddenly remembered I have some homework to finish. Brother Chen, I'll go ahead!" Lu Qifeng released Xie Chen and sprinted towards the teaching building without looking back.

Cheng Sijiao: "..."

Typical, this guy can't be trusted.

Cheng Sijiao hastened her pace, leaving Xie Chen behind, and walked briskly towards the teaching building.

The entire morning passed without them exchanging a word.

The first class was Chinese, and after it ended, most of the students in the class slumped over their desks, seeming listless. Lu Qifeng sprawled on the windowsill of Class Two and shouted, "Chen ge, let's go, to the store?"

Xie Chen propped himself up on the desk, still half-asleep, and responded with a muffled acknowledgment.

Cheng Sijiao reluctantly stood up to give him some space. Lu Qifeng noticed her and asked, "Classmate, how about joining us to the store to relax a bit?"

Cheng Sijiao glanced out the window and replied, "Not going."

"Really not going?" Lu Qifeng persisted.

Xie Chen went out and pulled him aside, saying impatiently, "Why so much nonsense."

In the hasty morning rush, Cheng Sijiao hadn't eaten much. Now, hearing the conversation between the two, a slight hunger pang prompted her to go to the store.

The store was bustling with people. Cheng Sijiao furrowed her brow, maneuvering through the crowded aisles. After squeezing through the crowd, she finally reached the shelves, grabbing two packs of bread and a bag of milk. Still feeling hungry, she bent down to search for some snacks.

While scanning the shelves for her desired snacks, a unfamiliar voice came from beside her.

"Senior."

Cheng Sijiao looked up in the direction of the voice. A short boy stood next to her, the outer part of his school uniform jacket half-open, revealing a tight red shirt underneath. He had a somewhat similar vibe to Lu Qifeng, and his appearance was passable. He looked at her with a sense of pride and frivolity.