Chapter 6 : Thank you

After returning from the office, as soon as Cheng Siqiao entered the classroom, she saw Xu Ting standing near her seat with her back to the door. Upon hearing Cheng Siqiao's entrance, Xu Ting immediately took a few steps forward.

"Xu Ting?" Cheng Siqiao asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Mind your own business," Xu Ting replied without good grace.

With no one else in the classroom, Cheng Siqiao noticed her books still lying on the floor. Without pressing further, she crouched down to continue picking up her textbooks.

At that moment, a cold voice came from behind her.

"Return the things."

Cheng Siqiao turned around at the sound. Leaning against the door, it was Xie Chen. Perhaps due to just finishing a game of basketball, sweat trickled down his neck into the school uniform T-shirt. He was absentmindedly toying with half a bottle of mineral water, staring expressionlessly in Xu Ting's direction.

Seeing Xu Ting not stopping, Xie Chen repeated, "Didn't you hear what I said?"

His voice lowered a bit, "Return what doesn't belong to you."

Xu Ting stiffened in place. She turned her head, immediately hiding her hands behind her back, as if intentionally concealing something.

She looked at Xie Chen. The young man's eyelids drooped, and between his brows, there was a slightly chilly feeling. Although there wasn't any overly dramatic expression, it still sent a sense of fear through the air.

"What are you saying?" Xu Ting glanced around, her eyes darting, and stammered, "I don't understand."

"Oh?" Xie Chen placed the mineral water on the desk and took a few steps forward.

Without waiting for him to speak again, Xu Ting conceded defeat, took a few steps towards them, and stood next to Cheng Siqiao. Her face was pale. She pulled out a pink notebook from behind her and placed it on the desk. Then, she quickly fled in the direction of her own seat.

Xie Chen's gaze grew colder. He spoke in the direction of Xu Ting's retreating figure, "I advise you not to play these little tricks in the future."

Cheng Siqiao looked at the notebook on the desk; it was her diary. She put the diary in her backpack. The emotions that had been suppressed for half a day finally burst out. She quickly caught up with Xu Ting's footsteps and patted her shoulder.

Thinking it was Xie Chen coming to trouble her again, Xu Ting gave a start and turned around. When she saw Cheng Siqiao standing in front of her, she breathed a sigh of relief.

"Is there something?" she asked nervously.

"You took my things. Don't you need to apologize?" Cheng Siqiao said.

"If you have any opinions, just talk to Mr. Zhao directly." Cheng Siqiao, accustomed to being pampered since childhood, couldn't bear to endure such grievances for no reason. Along with settling the score from the morning, she continued, "I'll say it one last time: What does being the study committee member have to do with me? Why do you have the right to bump into my desk?"

Xu Ting was choked by her series of questions. She thought Cheng Siqiao was just a newcomer, not worthy of her attention. That's why she decided to intimidate her. However, she didn't expect that Xie Chen would speak up for her in the morning and now directly force her to apologize.

"Apologize. Can't you understand?" Cheng Siqiao demanded.

"Sorry." Xu Ting didn't dare to meet Cheng Siqiao's eyes. After a reluctant apology, she quickly returned to her seat.