Chapter 11: Breakfast

"You're right." Cheng Sijiao followed Lu Qifeng's words, reaching out to retrieve her precious snacks back to her side, pretending to repent, "It's my negligence. How can a patient with stomach problems eat these? Absolutely not! I'll take them away right now."

"All these snacks were given to me by you, how can you take them back?" Xie Chen grabbed her arm, "And the doctor said there's no problem. You don't have to blame yourself."

Cheng Sijiao: 😓 I thought you wanted my snacks.

Lu Qifeng, not understanding the real situation, frowned and looked at Xie Chen with a puzzled expression, "Don't you usually never eat snacks?"

"I feel like eating now." Xie Chen said indifferently.

After resting for two days, Xie Chen resumed normal training. Cheng Sijiao, considering him a recently recovered patient, got along harmoniously with him for a few days.

A week passed quickly, and it was the last night in Yinghu for them.

To reward the students who had trained hard for a week, the base romantically set up a small bonfire for each squad, allowing instructors to summarize the final military training with everyone.

People playfully pushed and shoved each other to sit in a circle. Cheng Sijiao saw Xie Chen sitting next to her and frowned discontentedly, "Xie Chen, why are you sitting next to me again? Are you trying to tie me up?"

Xie Chen looked at her somewhat speechlessly and didn't understand why she always came up with such bizarre reasoning.

The bonfire illuminated the base brightly, and the sky over Yinghu was clearer and brighter than in the city, filtering out the noise and bustle, leaving only a serene deep blue. Accompanying the bright moon were countless sparkling stars.

Xie Chen's gaze fell on Cheng Sijiao, her face adorned with a blush in the glow of the fire. Her large, bright eyes curiously observed the sky, filled with delight.

Unexpectedly, she looked somewhat cute.

Several girls, including Zhou Yangyang, became interested in the atmosphere, clamoring to play something exciting.

"What should we play?" Cheng Sijiao joined them, asking eagerly, "Count me in."

Zhou Yangyang mysteriously suggested, "Truth or Dare!"

Cheng Sijiao's gossip-loving heart was instantly piqued, "Let's play!"

Coincidentally, Lu Qifeng sneaked over from his own class, sat next to Xie Chen, and overheard the conversation. He then engaged Cheng Sijiao in conversation, "What are we playing? Take me along."

"No need to bring you." Cheng Sijiao said disdainfully, "Go play somewhere else."

Zhou Yangyang somehow acquired the necessary props and, unfortunately for Cheng Sijiao, she lost the first round.

To prevent being subjected to peculiar tasks by this group of people, Cheng Sijiao reluctantly chose to play Truth or Dare.

Zhou Yangyang grinned and looked at Cheng Sijiao, "Sijiao, do you have a boyfriend?"

"No," Cheng Sijiao shrugged, indifferent.

The group seemed somewhat disappointed, but the game continued. Cheng Sijiao, like a black carp swimming against the current, inevitably lost the second round.

"Sijiao, do you have a crush on someone?" Zhou Yangyang asked.

"Yes," Cheng Sijiao thought of her beloved younger brother as the one she liked and answered without hesitation.