Ch 9: I Can Do Better

It's been two days. Two days since my birthday, two days since my party, and two days that Cameron has walked around oblivious; like everything is okay. Are you kidding me? I didn't get any Trey Songz action. Needless to say, I've been a little...pissed since then. And this idiot doesn't even notice.

Come to think of it...Why do I make him breakfast every morning, and dinner every night? Why do I iron his clothes? Why do I wash his dirty draws? Why do I proofread all of his presentations, and make corrections why he's vacationing in dreamland? Why? Just Why?

"You know, if you punch those keys any harder, they might press charges." Glenys looks up at me with both amusement and concern.

I say nothing back; I just continue typing.

"That's it." Farrah and Glenys get up, and take my hands. They drag me to Chase's office. Farrah knocks once before opening the door. Not waiting for a response.

"Yes?" Chase looks up from his computer confused.

"ChellyPooh here is about to be charged with assault by her keyboard. We are taking her to get some air." Glenys says.

Upon hearing this, Chase stands up and comes toward me. He cups my shoulders gently, studying me. "What did he do this time?" He clenches his jaw.

I'm really not supposed to think that's sexy. I shake my head trying to clear my thoughts. Stupid, oblivious husband. If he'd do his job as a husband, I wouldn't be thinking these things about Chase. I roll my eyes, thinking of my sexy idiot of a husband.

"Michele..."

I didn't notice that Farrah and Glenys have left me and now Chase is cupping my face, concern in his chocolate eyes. I frown. Why can't Cameron be more like Chase?

"What is going on in that pretty little head of yours?" He frowns playfully at me.

I look away from him.

"Uhuh, eyes front and center Kitten. You're going to tell me what's happened that has your knickers in a twist."

I smile at his choice of words. "Knickers..." I chuckle some. I sigh in defeat, knowing that he isn't going to let me go until I tell him. "He forgot my birthday..." I pout slightly.

"And you feel unappreciated; like you're the only one in the relationship."

I scowl at him. "I hate when you do that."

"Speak the truth?" He raises a brow.

"No, read my mind. Stop it."

He let's go of my face and rubs my shoulders comfortingly. "Good luck with that. Both of our parents have made me take an oath to make sure that you are well taken care of, in every way. Not that I don't like doing it. Actually...I rather enjoy taking care of you." He smiles down at me.

I blush at his words. "You know you don't have to."

"I do."

"You don't.

"Michele. Nothing makes me happier than seeing a smile on your beautiful face. And when there isn't one, I make a point of putting one there. Do you understand?" He looks at me with a "I will put you over my knee if you oppose me" look.

I just nod.

He smirks at me. "Good. Cancel all of my appointment for the rest of the day. And then grab your things, we're leaving."

"We-"

"Less asking, more doing. You have 10 minutes." He gently pushes me out of his office toward my desk, before turning and walking back into his.