Ch 7: Sippin' On Crazy

LATER ON THAT MORNING

"Good Morning Ladies!!!" Delilah, my "go-for" girl, says with a bubbly smile on her flawless, glowing face.

Delilah is 21, tall, blonde, grey eyed and beautiful. She doesn't turn heads, she breaks necks. And like Farrah, she has an addiction to man candy. Though, her addiction is a bit...warped. She only messes with married men. Well, currently just one. I guess you could call that progress. At least she's monogamous. Apparently, they've been together for six months, they're in love. Lord Jesus. I feel so bad for that poor man's wife; thank God there are no children in the marriage.

"Morning whitegirl." Glenys deadpans.

As you can clearly tell Gee Gee does not like her. Nor does she feel the need to hide her dislike.

"Glenys!" I scold Glenys for her lack of manners. "Good Morning Delilah!" I greet her with a smile. I then look over at Farrah, who is ignoring Delilah completely. "Farrah, stop shaming the love of God and say Good Morning!!"

Farrah rolls her eyes. "...mornin'" She says with a fake smile plastered on her face. She mumbles something after, but I don't catch it all; something about "daddy issues". Needless to say, it probably was nowhere near pleasant.

Delilah takes her seat, less chipper than when she arrived. "So what's on the agenda for today?"

"Chase is making overseas calls. I need the Whitmore, Rollock, Ferris, Di'Lano, and Petri files duplicated, sent out and the originals filed. The annuals need to be printed, packaged, and sent out. I sent the documents to you last night. I finished the invitations to the Christmas party. Those need to be printed, addressed, and sent out. Check the supply inventory and bring me back the numbers so I can make the order. And...I think that's it. I'll let you know if anything else comes up." I smile at her supportively, since I'm the only one here that cares to look past her lifestyle choices. All in all, she isn't a bad person. She's very sweet, and she works hard.

She smiles back and mouths a "thank you" before getting to work.

Our day carries on dreadfully slow. That is until...

"Morning Ms. Crispin" Chase says with a forced smile.

Am I the only person here who actually cares about Delilah's feelings?

"Good Morning Mr. Vincent!" She says with a 100 megawatt smile.

"Delilah, let's go out for lunch. My treat?" I offer.

Glenys and Farrah look at me as if I have grown four heads, a tail, and sprouted wings.

"What?" I pin them with a glare that says, "I dare you to say something".

No one says anything, they just continue with their work.

"Umm...sure, I'd love to." She beams at me. "I'm going to go send off those files and annuals. Does anyone want anything while I'm out?" She asks, standing to her feet.

"No." They all say in unison.

She nods with a brief frown. "Michele?"

"No Honey, I'm fine, thank you for asking." I say with another smile.

She nods with a smile and leaves. As soon as the door closes, Glenys and Farrah turn to look at me.

"You-"Farrah begins to say.

"Stop treating that girl like better than she is. Last time I checked, neither of you were perfect. She is the sweetest, most thoughtful, most dependable employee here! Her choices may not be the best, but that's her business!" I glare at both of them to emphasize the point. "Maybe if you'd stop treating her like an outcast, it might help her make better choices!" I take a deep breath to calm down. "If it isn't work related, I don't want to hear another thing from either of you." I say turning my chair to face Chase, whom is standing so my right. "Yes?"