Ch 6: LET'S CATCH UP

A lot has happened in just a few years.  Ryder and I became really good friends, and he may or may not have been my first kiss. I even learned a little Italian from his cousin. Farrah finally hooked up with Collin two weeks after my makeover. They dated...if you could call it that, for a few months and then ended it after graduation. Glenys and Nate are still at it. I mean seriously, they know each other in the most intimate ways and have been hooking up since junior year. They don't date other people, nor do they even seem remotely bored with one another. Why don't they just get married already?

The makeover went great, so great that Cameron started "courting me", as he put it. He would text me, write me letters, send me gifts at work, take me out all the time, and tell me how much he loved me once we made it to that stage. He was even okay with my decision to wait until marriage to have sex. Thank you Lord. We dated for like a year, and one day out of the blue I get a letter at work saying that there was an alumni meeting at the library to discuss a new freshmen/alumni pairing program.

I showed up, and there Cameron was at the table where we first met. He had on his old football jersey, and his ratty book bag. With him were my missing teddy bear, Mr. Bear (original, I know), and the letter he wrote me, that also went missing. This time though, when he handed it to me there was a huge change to it. At the bottom of the letter, it read, "I know being with me isn't always easy. Yea, I'm really handsome, but I'm not perfect. Thank you for giving me a chance, to become the man you deserve. You're strong and beautiful inside and out. You have this uncanny ability to stop all of my brain functions with just a look.  You're smart and funny, and you make the best ribs I've ever tasted. I love you Michele with one "L". More than that, I'm in love with you. And I will as long as you'll have me. That being said will you marry me and be my better half for as long as we both shall live?"

When I stopped reading he was in front of me on one knee with that beautiful 'traffic starting' smile on his face. Of course I said yes. So here we are four years later.

Cameron is now CEO of his own PR company, Dempsey Enterprises, Inc. I still work full-time at F.I.P. because I love my job and my boss. Speaking of which, last year Mr. Vincent opened a Manhattan branch which his son, Chase, has taken over. He asked me to help Chase get his bearings since I know the company inside and out. Again, I said yes. So, now Cameron and I live in the City in a Penthouse on the Upper East Side across from Central Park. It is so much easier. Cameron is 20 minutes from Dempsey Enterprises, and I'm 20 minutes walk from F.I.P.  And yes, I actually walk to work.  It's great exercise and I don't have to deal NYC taxi drivers, or the mta...egh.

My new boss, Chase is pretty cool. He's around my age, 6'3, slightly bronze skin, deep chocolate eyes, full plump lips, short cut, yet still slightly curly hair, muscular and did I forget to mention he's English? Needless to say, his sexy English has Farrah and Glenys flirting with him shamelessly every morning. He thinks they are quite entertaining and enjoys their friendly flirting. Oh yea, again with those two. Since the new branch was in need of employees, I got Farrah and Glenys jobs here too. Till this day I still don't know what I was thinking at the time.

I still talk to Ryder, who took over his parent's restaurant and co-owns it with his cousin.  I told them about the City and they are thinking of opening another restaurant here. So, that's my life right now, four years later, in a nut shell. Not overly dramatic or complicated, just simple and blissful.

Now, onto more pressing matters. "Baby, what do you want for breakfast?" I ask him while he heads to the shower.

"Anything is fine babe." He says cutting on the water.

" He says cutting on the water