Chapter 16

Maxine

It was dark outside and I was sitting in front of the window drinking a cup of coffee. Adrian still hasn't come back with Louis's car and it has been a few hours since then.

I couldn't stop thinking about how I needed to get out of this marriage as soon as possible. I've been here a whole week and I think it's about time I do something to make things go quicker.

I'm going sneak in to my father's mansion by myself and find the usb that has the missing footage that Adrian is looking for. I've already got a plan in mind, I'll shoot any guard of Adrian that tries to prevent me from leaving and if im right, neither one of them would dare shoot me back. Adrian still needs me and he should've warned them not to hurt. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

First, I need to do get my gun that's still in my bag in Adrian's room. Knowing him, he must've locked, I'll just have to break in. I ran to my closet and grabbed a belt, which I'm going to use to get in.

When I'm in front of his door I twisted the doorknob making sure it was still locked, which it was. I tightly wrapped the belt around the base of the doorknob.

I stepped back grabbing the other end of the belt with both hands. I took a deep breath and with all my strength I pulled. I leaned back using my body weight for more strength. The belt digged into my palms, making my skin burn. I almost fell back when the base finally comes off, the metal hitting the floor.

"Ow." I groaned rubbing the inside of my palms and then pushed the door open. The door swinged open and it hit the back of the wall with a loud thud.

My body froze and my heart stopped to what I was seeing. Adrian stood in front of me, a towel wrapped around his waist, water dripplets rolling down his skin while pointing a gun at me. What was he doing here? Louis told me he left.

"When did you come back?" my voiced shook and I tried fixing my shocked posture. I nervously looked back at to the base of doorknob lying in the hall. 

"I've been here the whole time. What the fuck are you doing." He lowered his gun and I looked at his chest, steam was escaping from his body. He must've been showering. This is embarrassing, I just broke into Adrian's room while be was showering.

"Louis told me you took his car and left. That bitch lied." I breathed out, putting my hands on my forehead. Feeling embarrassed I pointed towards my bag that was still on the couch. "I just wanted my bag." I avoid eye contact.

"So you broke down my door?"

I rolled my eyes, glaring at him and went to grab my bag. He stepped forward, grabbing the bag the same time I did.. "Youre plotting something. I can see it."

I don't dare to look at him and stared at my hand that was clutching the bag.

"So tell me." he spoke

"I just came to fetch my bag." I repeated.

"If you are looking for your gun, its over there." His gaze moved towards his computer desk and I followed. "You went through my bag?" I hissed pulling the bag away from him.

"I tried to close it."  he protested.

"Liar. You were searching for my lacy underwear like last time." I teased, a smirk forming over my lips when his cheeks turned red from embarrassment.

He sighed. "Are you going to tell me what you're plotting or do I have to force it out of you? I don't have all night, Im freezing and still need to get dressed."

***

We were in front of my father's mansion and I was sitting behind Adrian on one of his motorcycles. "How do you know your mother wasn't lying?"