The Terrors of Loneliness - Chapter 8

Lucas had never intended to take her to bed the moment he arrived back at the house.  He hadn’t imagined anything beyond holding her in his arms.  He hadn’t dared to think of anymore than that, it was too soon he kept telling himself.  What Hannah needed was support, not seduction.  But as she threw herself into his arms, seemingly desperate for his embrace, he felt his resolve falter.  He was unable to stop himself from gathering her into his arms, and kissing her, and as he felt her wind her arms around his neck he knew he was lost. 

He picked her up and carried her upstairs, not breaking the tender but passionate kiss.  He laid her gently on the bed, breaking the kiss momentarily before Hannah pulled him down to meet her lips again.  Pulling back and lying down beside her, he propped himself up on one elbow and studied her face.  Her pale green eyes were almost luminous as they stared back at him, he noticed that she had long curled eyelashes and when she smiled a small dimple appeared on either side of her mouth.  There wasn’t a single part of her that wasn’t beautiful he thought. 

“Why are you staring at me?” Hannah smiled.

Lucas smiled back but said nothing; instead he bent his head and kissed the tip of her nose.  He brought his free hand round to cup her face as he trailed soft kisses down her cheek and over her jaw.  She made a soft moan of pleasure as his lips brushed down her neck, kissing her throat and collar bone.  She had her hands in his hair and was kissing his face in return.  He felt the familiar stirrings of lust and all at once his confidence failed him.

“Hannah, are you sure about this?” His brow furrowed with worry.

She lifted her head to his and kissed his mouth very softly, “Yes I’m sure.  I’ve never been so sure about anything.”

Lucas felt a rush of relief wash over him and smiling he returned the kiss, gently teasing her mouth open with his tongue.  He could feel her hands running over his chest, undoing the buttons on his shirt, her every touch heightening his desire for her.  His hands found their way under her top, lifting it up and it seemed without breaking the union of their mouths, it was gone and her skin was pressed against his.  He allowed himself to groan softly against her lips as he felt her hardened nipples graze his chest.

As they slowly removed each other’s clothes, Lucas felt as if he was becoming one with Hannah; her warm skin caressing his, her hot breath against his neck, her hands seeking out every inch of his body, her sweet lips pressed against his.  He wanted to lose himself inside her.

--

Hannah hadn’t realised until this moment quite how much she wanted Lucas.  Lying naked with him, limbs entwined, feeling his heart beating against hers, she’d never wanted anyone more.  She knew it was more than lust but she wouldn’t allow herself to think about that…not yet. 

As he covered her body with his own she wrapped her arms and legs around him, pulling him tight against her, burying her face in his neck, breathing in the smell of him.  She felt him pull away slightly and opened her eyes.  He was looking down at her, his blue eyes darker now with unhidden desire.  There was an unspoken question.  She smiled, and gave her assent by pulling him back down and kissing him deeply, gently pulling at his lower lip with her teeth.  She ran her fingers down his spine and as he buried himself inside her she couldn’t help but cry out.

All thought left Hannah’s mind.  She was lost to the feeling of her body moving in time with his.  Closing her eyes she felt him dip his head, his lips trailing a path downwards, over her collar bone, finding her breasts and softly kissing them.  Each new sensation was pushing her closer to the edge, the emotion of it catching in her throat as she arched her back.  As their love making finally pushed her tumbling over the edge, she cried out his name, holding him tightly.   She felt his body respond to hers, and heard his soft moans of ecstasy as he found his own release.

As Lucas showered her face with kisses, she suddenly felt overwhelmingly emotional.  Tears started running down her cheeks, and although she tried she couldn’t stop herself from sobbing out loud.  She felt him pull away from her and lie by her side, wrapping his arms around her. 

“Hannah? Oh Christ, did I hurt you?”  She shook her head, half smiling through the tears.

“Talk to me, please.”  He sounded scared.

She looked into his eyes, “I’m happy…really happy.  It’s just a bit overwhelming and…unexpected.”  Hannah knew that if she didn’t say it now she might never say it.  It wasn’t really the happiness that was overwhelming; it was so much more than that.  This incredible man who’d saved her life, held her as she cried and made love to her as if she was the most precious thing on earth, had awakened something in her that had long been buried. 

Lucas was smiling softly at her.  She could see he was waiting for her to explain further so taking a very deep breath she decided to be brave.  “I never expected to fall in love,” Hannah blushed.

--

It seemed as if this rollercoaster ride he was on wasn’t about to stop anytime soon.  Lucas had gone from sexual euphoria to complete terror in a matter of seconds when he’d seen Hannah’s tears.  Fear had gripped his heart, and he was convinced that he’d hurt her in some way or that she was having instant regrets.  And now…he hardly dared to hope that he’d heard her correctly. 

Taking her face in his hands he leant forwards and kissed her.  “You mean that?”

He watched her nodding back at him and kissed her again, a smile slowly spreading across his face.  “I…” he kissed her nose, “love…” his lips grazed her cheek, “you.”  He kissed her mouth, a harder more passionate kiss, leaving them both breathless.

Lucas now understood the tears.  True happiness was not something he’d felt for a long time.  As he uttered those three small words to Hannah he felt truly overwhelmed by it.  He was in love.  There truly was more to life than his job, more to life than the crushing fear of his nightmares, more to life than flashbacks and memories.  

Hannah’s hands had started to wander, instantly heightening his desire once more, her gentle but insistent kisses moving lower down his body until he could stand it no longer.  “Miss Curtis, do you have any idea what you’re doing to me?”

He could see the answer in her eyes as she looked up at him.  He pulled her back up and kissed her, running his hands down her back and drawing her tightly against him, before losing himself inside her once more, and letting their new found love take him to new heights.