Date? #15

Happy Reading ❤

The engagement ceremony was over and Siya was back at the hospital the very next day. A profession as straining as a doctor demands time and hardwork. It tends to limit the time for leisure, relaxation and family. But she doesn't minds this. Long and stressful work hours are a part of her passion for her job and patients.

"We have performed the required diagnostic tests, you will get the reports by tomorrow.", she says glancing at the patient and then at the man accompanying her, "Meet me day after tomorrow with the reports. Till then, make sure your mother doesn't take any stress Mr. Gupta. Take care.", she adds and smiles when Mr. Gupta replies with a respectful 'Thank you Doctor' before leaving.

As soon as they left, Siya engrossed herself in reports of her father. She checks the papers for a few seconds until someone knocked at her cabin door, "May I come in Doctor?". "Come in.", she replies absent-mindedly completely submerged in the file in her hand.

A man dressed in a black formal shirt and bottoms entered the room. The sleeves of his shirt folded, showing off his veiny hands. His blue eyes with a hue of grey fixated at Siya, as he stares at her face with a short-lived smile finding her not acknowledging his presence.

"I will come later, if you are busy.", he says turning to leave, when Siya tilts her head in the direction of the voice to look at the person standing in front of her. "Wait, Mr. Chatterjee.", she stands up from her seat, "Sorry, for not paying attention to you, I was slightly busy with these reports.", she offered him a soft smile and he returns the gesture in understanding.

"It's okay Dr. Agnihotri. I don't mind, you can continue with your work.", he states.
"No no. I am not that busy, have a seat.", her gaze fell on the bouquet of pink tulips in his hands, "It's for you Siya, heard you are engaged now. Congratulations.", Mr. Chaterjee replies, his gaze lingering on the ring in her finger for a few seconds.

"Thank you so much Mr. Chaterjee but I would have been happier if you had joined us.", she smiles accepting the bouquet from him.

"I have told you a number of times Siya, it's Rishit for you. Only if you consider me a friend-", he was cut off by her, "Of course, I consider you a friend, Rishit.", she smiles.
"That's better.", his lips curving into a small smile. "I would have definitely came Siya, but unfortunately I was a little busy with the new project. You already know we are planning to start another branch of this hospital in Hyderabad.", he says and she nods in approval.

"So now tell me, who is the lucky guy you are marrying?", he questions, his eyes glinting in curiousity and an indifferent emotion, which Siya couldn't recognize. "Ahaan Malhotra. He is an entrepreneur.", she answers.

"Ahaa.", Rishit says. "I think I have heard his name, is he the owner of some architect company?", he inquires earning a nod from Siya.

"Oh, I have heard about him. He is a rising star, I must say. Your fiancee has established his name in the market in very less time. Impressive.", he adds and notices a glint of proud in her eyes.

"Thank you. Ahaan has always been a hardworking and ambitious man.", the corner of her lips curving into a proud smile and he nods in agreement.

"So, do you love him?", Rishit Interrogates suddenly, his question caught her off-guard, "L-love? It's an arranged marriage Rishit.", she answers.

"Arrange Marriage? Wow, I didn't expected that.", he chuckles, his voice carrying a hint of amusement.

"So, are you happy with this relationship?", he asks again.

"I am Rishit. I don't think I would have got someone better than Ahaan. Really really thankful to Mahadev for sending him in my life.", she smiles.

"Ahaa, I can sense you are already lovesick, huh?", Rishit smirks, nudging her with his elbow in an attempt to tease her to which she blushed, "Rishit please. I am just telling you the truth."

"If that's the case, then I am very happy for you. Stay blessed, you and your Ahaan.", he says offering her a smile.

"Thankyou so mu-", Siya was cut-off when her phone rang, "It's Ahaan. Excuse me", she adds walking to the corner of her Cabin.

"Hey,", Ahaan says from the other side.

"Hi.", she mutters softly.

"I hope I am not disturbing you."

"You are not Ahaan...I was free."

"That's good. But why am I having a feeling that you are a bit nervous?"

"Nervous? No, it's just that....it's been a decade since you have called me.", she spoke and a realisation hits him. It's been ten years. Ten years of their lives wasted without each other.

How different it would have been if they never separated?
A regretful sigh escaped his lips.

"Actually...But just as I promised, let's start afresh. Get accustomed to my calls dear fiancee, your husband will be calling you quite often once we are hitched.", he chuckles playfully.

"Oh, I will sure be looking forward to your calls, my lovely to-be husband.", she smiles.

"Lovely. By the way...um I wanted to ask you something, if you don't mind."

"Sure, what's that?"

"Uh...Can I...I mean-"

"Nervous? You are stuttering as if you are asking someone out for the very first date.", Siya laughs animatedly.

"Well, that's true...I want to know if Icantakeyououtforadate?", he asks in a breath.

"What did you said?"

"Oh Godd! Why is this so difficult!", he groaned underneath his breathe, before asking again, "Can I take you out for a date?"

Siya was caught off-guard by his words, warmth spreads through her cheek, her face flushed red as she speaks a single word in her answer, "Sure."

Ahaan grinned ear to ear on the other side of the call, "It's a date then. Tomorrow? It's sunday, so I hope you are not busy.", he asks eagerly, smile never leaving his face.

"No, I am completely free, It's sunday then.", she smiles.

"Thankyou so much Si.", he says and a sudden realisation captured her mind. He called her by her nickname. The thought itself made her want to jump like a lovesick teenager, but she controlled the urge to do so, considering Rikshit was in the same room.

"No no, Ahaan. Thankyou for being so thoughtful.", she speaks.

"That's the bare minimum I can do for us."

"Efforts matter. Thankyou for the idea. The fact that you want to do something for us is more than enough for me."

"You are just too sweet for someone like me.", he whispers. "Nevermind. I will be at your place by 10 am. Is it fine with you?"

"It is. 10am, then."

"Yes, see you tomorrow, bye.", my love. He says, but some words decided to remain unspoken, buried deep inside his heart.

"Bye."

She hangs the call, the wide grin still plastered on her face as she turned to face Rishit.
The smile on her face fades when she saw him holding her file.
"This...your father-"

°°°°°°

How was the chapter?

Do vote and comment✨

Thankyou 💗

Anshika