Roka #4

Happy reading ❤
Long chapter ahead!

"Let's get married.", he gasped at her sudden proposal.

"Have you lost your senses Siya? What are you even saying?", he interrogated horrified as if he had seen a zombie.

"I am in my complete senses Ahaan, and I mean what I say.", she replied firmly.

"See, Siya, I just told you that I am forced into this marriage and I am not the prospective groom that any girl would desire, then why do you want to ruin your life? I am not even worthy of being anyone's husband.", he sighed moving his hand on his face.

"Listen, neither I am searching for a dream life partner, nor I want one, it would be good for both of us to just get married, without expecting anything from each other.", she reasoned.

"You are an independent woman, your parents have always been supportive, then why would you ruin your life?", he asked genuinely concerned.

"It's just that everyone needs to get married at a particular point of their life, and according to my parents, that time has come in my life, nothing more, nothing less.", Siya smiled sadly at her fate.

"Why is it according to YOUR PARENTS and not you?", he cocked his eyebrow as if he was a CID officer with suspicion evident on his face.

"You are not supposed to know that.", she said with the same amount of harshness in her tone, she got a few minutes ago from him.

His jaws clenched as she added, "Therefore, in my opinion it's better for us to get married, rest is your choice."

Her words were followed by a thick silence of ten minutes as none of them uttered a single sentence. The silence was so deep that she was able to hear tick-tick of the clock.

She doesn't know, whether her decision is right or wrong, the only thing she knows is that it's better to marry someone whom she loved once, rather then to marry a complete stranger. Yes, their separation was very unfortunate, but it was not because of any mental, physical or emotional abuse, instead the reason were her expectations, and his inability to fulfil them. The reason was their immaturity and uncommon priorities.

This will not be the problem now, as we will not expect anything from each other.

The silence was getting thicker by each passing second, he was busy thinking, maybe analysing her proposal like a typical businessman he always wanted to be, whereas she was getting bored.

What a beautiful wall this is! I never knew it had so many patterns!

Fifteen minutes had passed and he was still silent, this time she took the initiative to start a conversation, "I will not force you, decision is yours, you can say no, after all it's your li-", Siya was cut off when he interrupted, "Let's get married,", she was shocked but smiled as he accepted her proposal.

They came out of the room, and saw everybody staring at them with amusement visible on their faces, Siya noticed Ahaan raising his brows at Sanyukta, maybe asking the reason behind the expression on the elder's faces.

She came near the new couple and whispered, "Sorry but I had to tell them that you guys were classmates."

"What!", they both whisper-yelled at her in unison. Siya's heart sank at the thought of her parents knowing about her having a boyfriend in school flashed in her mind. She could clearly imagine the anger-stricken look on their faces, but before her imagination could have gone more wild with her mother, Mrs. Rachna Agnihotri throwing slippers at her, Sanyukta again whispered, "Remove that look out of your faces, you both look constipated, I just told that you were classmates, not the fact that you were dating", and Siya breathed with relief.