Manipulative #12

Happy Reading ❤

She wrote her feelings in the journal and came out of her room with her luggage and a forced smile. "I still don't want her to go, is it necessary?", she heard her mother talking to her father, who smiled sadly, "For her future, it is. This is once in a lifetime opportunity Rachna, we should support our daughter, please don't cry in front of her."

"Mumma, you want me to be called, Dr. Siya Agnihotri, do you?", she asked back-hugging her mother who in reply nodded her head in affirmation, "Then, I will have to leave, the university is even offering me a scholarship Ma."

"But how will you manage alone beta, in a whole different country?", Rachna's eyes turned moist as Siya wiped her tears, "I will manage mumma, trust me. Even I don't want to leave you all, but I will have to. Being a doctor is my dream and I can't afford to let go off this opportunity."

"Now stop crying, please.", she added hugging her mother. "I will miss you."

"Will miss you too beta."

"Now, you both stop crying. We need to leave for the airport.", her father said showing them his wrist watch.

"Of course, you will say this, you are getting to be with my daughter for a whole week in USA", Rachna ranted making the family chuckle.

"Siyaa, will you go without meeting me?", Siya saw her school friend Sneha leaning at the door and rushed towards her, "Of course not, Thankyou so much for coming Sneh."

"I will miss you so much Si.", she hugged her friend, "I will miss you even more, but we will talk everyday, don't you dare forget me."

"I will never.", Sneha pulls out of the hug and greeted Siya's parents, who in return smiled at her.

"Where is your that friend Siya, who used to call almost everyday regarding physics questions?", her eyes glistened as her mother mentioned him.

Although he was better at physics than her, but this was the only way he could talk to his girlfriend except that one hour after her coaching classes, therefore he would lie about some fake physics numericals, just to hear her voice.

Siya was about to break down in tears, when Sneha interrupted, "Aunty, he did wanted to come with me, but poor guy fell ill. Though he has sent his best wishes with me, 'All the best Siya'.", Siya's mother mouths an 'O' in understanding.

"We are getting late beta, chalo.", her father said and she was just about to move out of the house when Sneha held her hand, "Use batayegi bhi nhi."
(You won't even tell him)

"Usne,", Siya was silent for a beat, "Rok liya toh."
(What if, he stops me)

Selfish.
She was selfish.

'There's nothing normal between us'
His last words had choked her. Her chest tightened as she sucked in a deep breathe but only wheeze out when her lungs refused to work.

She swivels the stearing and work to keep breathing but feels as if she is tightening her lungs further reducing them to thin sharp edges that slice through her insides with every inhale.

Stop it Siya. That was the right decision.
Was it, though?
Yes it was, your first priority should always be your career.
Then why do I feel that I have eliminated my very soul from my body? Pushed it like, it never belonged there.

You don't need him to survive.
No. I don't. I do not need him to survive and I have proven this to be true when I was living in that country, away from him and his love. I can live without Ahaan.