Chapter 36-40

Chapter 36

When Shen Ruojiao went out early this morning, she took out a pair of labor protection gloves prepared by Ms. Song Xueping.

Now that she was assigned the task of weeding, she could use them.

Aunt Lanhua said, "Shen Zhiqing, you are really well prepared."

Shen Ruojiao said shyly, "My mother prepared them for me."

Aunt Lanhua looked at Shen Ruojiao and her eyes softened. If it wasn't for the last resort, who would be willing to let such a cute and lovely daughter suffer?

Auntie Lanhua said, "Good child, just follow me and learn."

Looking around and seeing no one around, she lowered her voice a little: "You are a young girl, you don't have to be too honest when working, just be able to support yourself. If you work yourself sick for work points, that's not worth it."

In the Changfeng Brigade next door, there was a female educated youth who worked very hard and thriftily. It was said that she saved money and had to support her family. In the end, she worked herself to death.

Shen Ruojiao understood, this was her original intention.

Wei Rulan was also in the second team. She also wore gloves. The cornfield she was assigned was opposite Shen Ruojiao.

So when pulling weeds, after following Aunt Lanhua, Shen Ruojiao followed Wei Rulan's speed, a little slower than Wei Rulan.

After all, she was a newcomer, and it was normal for her to work a little slower than Wei Rulan, an old educated youth who had been in the countryside for a year.

Shen Ruojiao looked around while drinking water and found that the old women and young wives pulling weeds in this cornfield were basically slacking off and chatting while working.

This was also true for Aunt Lanhua.

Shen Ruojiao's speed was definitely faster than Wei Rulan's, but not much.

Shen Ruojiao was a little strange.

Auntie Lanhua seemed to see what Shen Ruojiao was thinking, so she took the opportunity to explain to her in a low voice during the break: "This is because our Yunxi Brigade has a brick kiln and a pig farm, and the villagers live better than other brigades, and everyone can eat well. However, it is also because it is not the busy farming season recently, and there is no rush to weed, so everyone... ahem. When the busy farming season comes, everyone has to work hard."

Shen Ruojiao understood that this was just like working in the future. When the tasks are not urgent, employees slack off at work, and the boss will turn a blind eye to it. When it is time to catch up with the tasks, not only are the working hours extremely busy, but they also have to work extra overtime.

In this way, Shen Ruojiao felt more at ease when slacking off at work.

After a morning, Wei Rulan took 2.5 centimeters and Shen Ruojiao took 2 centimeters.

Aunt Lanhua took 3 centimeters.

At noon, when she returned to the backyard of the educated youth site, Tong Yuanyuan felt that she was about to collapse from exhaustion.

She didn't know how to dawdle, and hurriedly took 2.5 centimeters.

Tong Yuanyuan had just arrived and was not used to doing farm work, so of course she was tired.

At lunch, Shen Ruojiao said, "Yuanyuan, the big stove in our room is not completely dry yet, so we can only use a small stove. Let's cook together for the next two days. One stove for cooking and one stove for cooking. It's faster."