Chapter 31-35

Chapter 31

In Shen Ruojiao's system storage space, there is a Forever brand bicycle that she has only ridden two or three times.

This time she went to the city, she bought everything she wanted to buy, and called home to report that she was safe. In the short term, she will not go to the city frequently, and at most she will go to the commune post office to pick up a package.

The Shen family sent her a lot of things, and she can hire a bullock cart to send them back to the village. It is not necessary to use a bicycle.

Shen Ruojiao's plan is to take out the bicycle after she has a general understanding of the situation in the village.

She is still unfamiliar with Yunxi Village, so she rides a brand new bicycle back. If someone comes to borrow the bicycle, she doesn't know who is in urgent need and who wants to take advantage, and whether she should lend it to them.

Bicycles these days are expensive, even more scarce than luxury cars in later generations.

If Shen Ruojiao lends her bicycle to anyone who asks, people will think she is easy to manipulate and bully. If she refuses to lend her bicycle to anyone, people will think she is selfish and unkind.

If a brand new bicycle is lent to someone you don't know well and it gets bumped and broken, who wouldn't feel bad?

But the economic conditions of the villagers are generally not good, and most of them can't even afford food and clothing, so it's not appropriate to ask people to pay for it.

So Shen Ruojiao plans to take out the bicycle after a month or two, and lend it to people with whom she has a good relationship, and not to people with whom she has a bad relationship.

However, it was quite a feat for Tong Yuanyuan, a pure native girl with no cheats, to get a 70% new bicycle on the second day of her trip to the countryside.

She circled around Tong Yuanyuan's bicycle twice and said, "That's great, Comrade Tong, where did you get this bicycle?"

Tong Yuanyuan parked the bicycle at the bicycle parking lot to the left of the state-owned hotel and locked it.

After looking around and seeing that there was no one around, Tong Yuanyuan said proudly, "My father has an old comrade-in-arms who works in the agricultural machinery factory here. I went to visit him today. Uncle Jiao has ridden this bicycle for three or four years. He has always taken good care of it. Recently, his family wanted to buy a new bicycle to marry a daughter-in-law, so they sold this old one to me at a low price, hehe."

Tong Yuanyuan's father was also a soldier for a few years. Although he and his old comrades-in-arms have not seen each other for many years, the friendship is still there.

Especially Jiao Zhihua, the deputy director of the agricultural machinery factory, whom Tong Yuanyuan visited today. Tong's father had saved him on the battlefield before, so he would naturally take more care of Tong Yuanyuan, the daughter of his benefactor.

Shen Ruojiao remembered that in the original text, Tong Yuanyuan was able to divorce He Jiashu, the scumbag, smoothly because of the help of her uncle Jiao.

Although Tong Yuanyuan's family was rich, she was taught to be low-key since she was a child, so except for the people she was particularly close to and trusted, she never told anyone that her father was the director of a food factory and that she also had an uncle who was the deputy director of an agricultural machinery factory in Qingping County to support her.

In the original text, Tong Yuanyuan was too rich and did not have enough strength to protect herself, so she was often targeted and calculated by some people in Yunxi Village.