53

53

Kaya’s POV.

The cold has gotten worse in the past few weeks. I’m standing on the balcony with my hands spread out, my eyes trailing the stitch line of the blue glove, and consciously, I come to realize that my lips are naturally curved downward.

Well, there’s no reason to smile. Everybody who has ever made me smile has been taken away from me. Oh, isn’t that even a fair way to say it?

They were snatched! Robbed from my hold, from anywhere I could reach them, and it still hurts.

I close my eyes for some time, enduring the way the breeze prickles my skin, and it does hurt mildly, anyway. The sun is high up in the sky, but it almost doesn’t do anything to stop the cold.

Even as the universe still changes, the earth rotating perfectly, everyone else well, and the season shifting to winter, my days aren’t any better.

Having had enough of the cold weather, I hurry back inside and close the sill window. It’s been about a month since my last attempt to escape this hell hole, and I haven’t tried anything else since then.

There’s also no reason to act like a slave that I’m not, so I’m just living. All I think of now is that when the sun shines, I wake up and follow life like a dog on a leash, and when the sun sets, I sleep in the room given to me within the slave quarters.

Presently, I’m standing in front of the mirror, watching my own reflection. I’m in an orthographic position to the side with my hands on my belly, checking for any change in my tummy.

As much as there haven’t been any, my body, however, is changing. My boobs have developed from a C-cup shape to a D-cup shape, becoming fuller and bouncier. It leaves me surprised.

I’m not supposed to have made any changes at this time, but whatever action my body takes isn’t in my control anymore. And in the darkness of it all, I am a witch who’s carrying the child of three powerful werewolves. There’s no way that’s meant to be accepted by nature, but well, since I’ve been neglected by everything that I used to worship and praise, I don’t care about all the rules anymore.

My orbs pay attention to the scars on my skin. The undertone of my warm beige skin has gotten darker, and I just wish once again that my powers would come someday and I could heal myself with magic.

Speaking of which, a bigger share of my whole existence is starting to give up on my powers ever coming. Although I still have the tiniest, faintest ounce of hope,

The door snaps open, the banging sound making my soul practically jump out of my skin for a second when its frame hits the wall to which it is attached.

“Kyle... master, good morning.” I correct my tongue and bow lightly. I have quickly moved away from the mirror, hoping that he doesn’t notice what I was doing a second ago.

“Come with me, Kaya.”

I do as he wants, and in my mind, I wonder why he hasn’t called a maid to come and pick me up as they always do. It’s surprising.

My lips are sealed shut as we walk out of the slave’s quarters. Everyone’s eyes are on us, even when they are bowing as we pass by them. I don’t need to look before I notice the hatred in their eyes. If there’s one thing I can’t stop its surprises, it’s how every being in here is evil and dark. They have made sure to pluck out every good thing and every light.

“I should say this: it’s a wonder how you pretend as though the morning was good indeed.” Kyle has a smile wandering on his face, filling his cheeks.

I scoff lightly, “it’s good that the same goes for both of us.”

“How do you mean? Enlighten me, please.” When he says, I close my eyes. I wish I could shake my head and walk away from him, but it’s impossible.