50

50

Kaya’s POV.

I’m lying on the bed with my hands entwined as they rest on my stomach. My back is against the bad with my orbs counting the ceilings. By now, I know practically all details about it.

But that is of no matter, anyway. Ever since the event at the triplets’ room, I have locked myself in here, fearful of what they have become. It’s one thing to know they are my archenemy but to know that it is coming from a place of sadistic love is nothing I never could have imagined.

It scares me more than they like me so much that they would kill anyone or go against even their mother and uncle or fire their sex slaves from the kingdom or fight all five neighboring packs just because of an alter affection they’ve got for me, which in turn they barbarically punish me for.

It’s not just saddening but frightful to the very core of my being. Plus, there’s no other explanation to their actions other than an infatuation they’ve got on me.

My hair sprawls over my face in a sudden motion into a sitting position. I get out of the bed and go to my wardrobe. Dipping my hand into a side of it, I bring out the key and go straight to the balcony.

The night sky is clear now, the black clouds disappeared from the surface and the stars are shining brightly. The moon with no limitation in its luminousness.

I point the key to its light, letting the reflection of the key’s shadow land on my face and a smile dances on my lips.

“It’s time.”

In the following moment, I have walked inside. Then, I am pulling my usual robe over my head to cover my identity followed by rushing out of the room.

In my defense, I am lucky to evade the sight of the guards. It seems I have mastered enough of their routine. Quickly, I have made my way to the room and I wait for a moment.

My face turns from right to left before I breath out and enter. The metal double handled door made a low sound which would have called attention and I hurry inside anyway. Quickly, I close the door when I heard some steps approaching.

“Fuck, Kaya!” I’m mentally bashing myself as I look around and see an artifact close by. It’s a replica of a skeleton made with copper metal, an anatomy of the human shape, I guess. Quickly, I hide myself behind it and latch my hands over my mouth to control my breath and stop any release of a whimper.

I close my eyes shut as though it would make me invisible as just then the door opens and two guards walk inside.

“You sure?”

“Yeah, I heard a rattle. I am sure, idiot.”

They flare their light around but I have had my breathing hitched, so there’s no sound that could give me away. Also, my body is in a freeze. I almost feel like if I did not hide, I am already invisible.

“There’s nothing here, dullard. Let’s get back to our games.”

“Fine...” The one who had heard the sound at the door looked back again and arched his brows at the skeleton. Then, he picks up his flashlight and positions the rays there.

Shit! Shit! Shit! He’s going to catch me!

Oh, fuck! Why the hell was I careless? He’s going to catch me...he’s going to see me.

I’m already quivering when the second guard shouts at him. “Hey, there’s nothing there. Let’s get the fuck out of here.”

“Fine.” He finally gives up with an exasperated sigh and closes the door behind them, leaving me alone in the room.