36

36

Kaya’s POV.

From afar, my ears pick up on the sounds of cheering coming from a great crowd. I wonder what is happening that’s caused the guards to march to the center room where I was chained a few hours ago.

Aiden is in the front, watching out for the both of us. We cannot afford to be caught, unknowing whatever could happen, especially for someone like me.

I can’t see the triplets in this state. Just thinking about their existence alone is a fear that sends chills down my spine. My palms suddenly perspire from the trauma that I’ve faced in their hands, knowing that as long as I remain alive, I cannot escape it.

But then, at least for now, I’m with Aiden, and I shouldn’t spoil the good mood. His whispering voice calls my attention before a wave from him.

“Here, Kaya.” I raise my face to meet his and hurry to the side of the wall where we’ve hidden.

Blinking profusely, my lips part at the sight in front of me, and my heart resumes its hammering, clanking against my sternum.

I grip the gown tightly as I watch the triplets walk onto the center stadium like the predators that they are, unfazed and boisterous about anything at all.

“Today, we have won a victory, which shall forever be plastered across every kingdom of werewolves out there in this world!” Kade’s voice reaches every corner of the room. While he continues, my eyes shift to his brothers behind him, who have grins on their faces, looking so satisfied with their statements.

“Today, we rule over Crestwood, and no one is taking that from us. We have conquered and made it known just who we are.” Kade pauses and steps down from the stadium. He walks into the midst of the people around him, all of the royals, while the members of the pack are positioned to distance themselves from the royals who are from other packs. “This speech of mine is distributed to you royals. Make it known that we rule over everything, and if any of you think that you can fight against us or go against what the triplets want, then there will be consequences. My brothers and I have thought of it clearly.” His hand spreads to the back, to Kieran and Kyle, who then settle a predatory look at everyone as though they are some pawn in a chess game.

“We won’t hesitate to mute anyone who goes against whatever we have made clear of detesting; make this known to the rulers of all other kingdoms out there. In the meantime, our guards would spread out to the Crestwood pack to rule over it with a new ruler. That’s all.” As he finishes, Kade goes back to join his brothers.

My brows are lower, and the skin on my forehead wrinkles. I can’t believe this. I am left in confusion, awe, and all other qualities of not understanding why a person could be so cruel, and not only that, but justifying their barbarism.

Clearly, I am in agreement that Alpha Alaric is a sadistic being, but his being killed by these beings, who are none less than Alpha Alaric’s personality himself, is inconveniencing and unsettling in my mind.

It makes me more scared of what’s going to happen in the future. This is like a stronger evil wiping out another evil because the stronger one wants to show its abilities. That’s disastrous for anything or anyone, good and of light.

“Let us get out of here.” Aiden pats me on the shoulder, and quickly, I nod my head. I cannot emphasize enough how much I need that.

We get out of the space into one of the lower hallways, and then from there, we make our way through a window, jumping down to the grounds and running into the woods.

“I really do wonder how you know all these secret pathways. Has it been that very long since you’ve been working for your master, I mean, the triplets’ uncle?” He chuckles lightly at my words.