19

19

Kaya’s POV.

There’s no fighting this. There’s no happy ending at the climax of it. Anyone can see it. I’m not in a fairy tale story made by somebody with some fantastic imagination, writing at the end of it a comedy.

This is my life, one that I’ve been in for weeks now, and there hasn’t been any ease shimmering over me.

I am a witch who’s cursed because of her kind of breed and not only fated to be treated with torture by some three werewolves who are triplets but also find herself not being able to control how she feels when she’s close to them.

She is simply ruined. That’s my life. That’s me. That’s Kaya, a little thing, a toy captured by the triplets, meant to live in pain for the rest of my life.

My body almost gives up from the constant tugging, but I hurry to catch up, recalling how painful the whipping was a few minutes ago.

“You’re even gentle on her.” One of the girls pouts because she hasn’t been allowed to drag me by the leash for some time now; the other one enjoys having me dragged by my neck around her.

I can’t cry because it won’t help anything, but I am very tired. I’ve never felt worthless or powerless in my life. I’ve come to realize that my ancestors have forgotten me in this pain.

I wish my mother was still alive.

Kyle and the ladies keep talking over some things that I can’t make sense of.

I turn my head to the ground when he glances over to my side, not wanting to be punished again. My brain is heightened to always think of what to do in every situation because if I made a mistake, I’d be in trouble.

The sound of horses whining makes me smile hard on the inside, happy that these two snakes are about to leave.

“We’ve missed you at Aisle. Are you guys coming back soon?

“Don’t push past the buttons, girls.” When Kyle states in a tight voice, the girls nod their heads and enter the carriage.

As they leave, I wonder what they could have meant by “Aisle,” as to me, it sounded like a place. My mind is soon brushed off of it when Kyle turns back towards the path to the room.

I follow his trail, not whimpering a sound even when I’m in excruciating pain. The leash is now on the ground, being dragged as I walk with the collar still attached to my neck, and it feels much heavier. I can’t explain it, but it affects my shoulders.

Damn me for being too feeble.

Not long after, we arrive back in their room, and my eyes pick up a glance at the mat before I stop when Kyle stops walking as well.

A few inches away, I’d have hit him. In a haste, I step backwards just when he turns to face me.

“Come here...” His voice trails off, and his fingers are gesturing for me to proceed. I do as he commands, stopping in front of him. I can feel the heat of his body as he places his hand on the collar.

And like before, I cannot control how my body reacts to him. The effect is overwhelming; the scent of his presence intoxicates my senses, and when he unlocks the collar, my lips practically release an inaudible moan.

“Do you want to know what makes you weak?” He asks as he wraps his hand around my neck, lightly gripping it like he could just snap my neck into two.

“Yes.” I find myself responding before I can think appropriately. “Yes, master.” Correcting myself, he finds it amusing as a grin creeps up his face.