48

48

3RD POV.

The sound of the horses whining soars into the wind, their stallion thumping and grazing into the field as the brothers ride three of them to the private camping site that they’ve created for the upcoming war.

It is situated close to the borders leading their territory with the five neighboring packs. Since the five neighboring packs are working together, it is only common sense that they’d attack together, so that is the best place to have their camping site built.

The brothers alight from the horses, and while the squires close by take over, they walk into the tent of their two commanders, who are planning the war strategy.

“Tell me, soldiers. What’s the plan?” Kieran speaks the moment he walks into the room, breaking into the ongoing conversation between both commanders.

Their attention shifts over to the brothers, and they bow immediately. “My Lords, we didn’t expect you here so soon.”

“Well, we can’t leave things unattended, can we? So, if you don’t mind, keep me on tabs.” Kieran clears his throat and joins them at the table.

Kade stands at the end of the room, his hands rooted into the pocket of his woolen trouser, with a brown jacket worn on top of his blue shirt. He has his eyes peeled at Kieran and the commanders, as is his mind, which is calculating their expressions, aiming for potency. He hasn’t seen any fault, however.

And Kyle, on the second one, has gotten himself a better settlement, where he’s seated and picking his nails. If there’s anything that his brothers know about him, it’s his impatience, playfulness, and incompetence when it comes to situations such as this.

“That’s all, sire.”

Kieran nods his head before his thought rings in remembrance: “Have we received a message ever since the first one?”

“No, my Lord. It has been more than three days since we’ve received any information from the packs.”

“Except it seems they’ve sent one just now.” Kade’s voice rings into everyone’s ears, changing the course of their attention.

“What?′ Kieran asks, to which Kade walks outside the tent, and Kyle and Kieran follow behind him.

There’s a messenger hawk cawing and flying around the site. Kade uses his Alpha aura to call it to his side. Just as he outstretches his arm, the bird lands and caws. Seeing the message tied to its neck, Kade chuckles and frees the bird before he opens it.

His chuckle hardens more, “it seems we’ve lacked our touch. These wolves have grown quite the fancy bravery.”

Kieran steps forward, his eyes narrowing at Kade. “What message is that?”

“You don’t want to believe it, brother.” Kade shakes his head, drifting his sight heavenward for a brief moment. “They’ve asked us to meet them outside the territory, at the Greenville Forest. Can you believe that?”

Kieran finds himself scoffing. “At this point, I am given every reason to believe that if we have to destroy every other wolf out there, we shall. We ride out.” He finishes and turns, heading towards his horse.

Kade and Kyle do the same, too. They ride out to the Greenville Forest until they get into the heart of the forest and stop there.

The only sounds present are the insects flying around and sucking the nectar in the ville. It is a beautiful forest, filled with wonders of eclectic artistic colours of flowers. The Greenville Forest is like a garden filled with flowers and shrubs, beautifying every part of it.