Part 48 A truly wealthy family

However, Sini's reaction told him that he had indeed been too harsh in his assumptions. Stepping forward, she reprimanded, "What do you mean? How do we know if we can wear them if we don't try? Our little brother's clothes may not be the best, but he's clean. How could trying on your clothes dirty them? Maybe you should stop pretending to be sick at work. If your eyesight is bad, go to the hospital early, so you don't end up blind at an old age."

While the two children were dressed poorly in rural attire, Sini was different. Her appearance was as striking as a peony, with delicate skin and a tall figure. Just by looking at her attire, one could tell she was an unapproachable rich lady.

Her words were sharp, leaving the saleswoman speechless. She had only seen two dirty children holding clothes to try on and had rushed over out of concern, but her actions had been too aggressive.

She had never imagined that the woman next to them was actually the children's family.

Now, she was rendered speechless and her face turned unpleasant.

With one arm around the children, Zhou Yue Shen glanced at the annoyed saleswoman and said with little expression, "Apologize to the two children."

His presence was overwhelming. Despite his casual demeanor, his gaze carried an immense pressure, as if he could move mountains with just a glance.

The female saleswoman immediately felt a chill down her spine. If it had been just a woman, she might have dared to resist. However, facing this man, who seemed indifferent but exuded an overwhelming aura, she found herself unable to utter a word of defiance.

Seeing the commotion, Zhou Yue Shen furrowed his brows and asked, "What's going on?"

The female saleswoman, feeling embarrassed and angry, immediately shifted the blame, saying, "Manager, these two people are causing trouble here. They're not buying clothes but insisting on letting their children try them on, dirtying the clothes. I advised them, but they wouldn't listen."

Some bystanders felt uncomfortable but didn't want to get involved, while others agreed, saying, "Indeed, one should go to places that match their status. Honestly, this behavior affects our shopping experience here."

The speaker was a woman wearing red high heels, accompanied by a child of similar age, who also looked disdainful.

"Some people just like to pretend to be wealthy. They may look glamorous themselves, but their children dress like beggars. It's no wonder others misunderstand," she added.

Hearing someone speak up for them, the saleswoman regained her confidence instantly and straightened her posture.

The surrounding people also found the argument reasonable, and their gazes toward Sini became disdainful and strange.

Indeed, she looked well-dressed herself, but why were her children so shabby?

Indeed, it's not surprising that people misunderstand. Sini chuckled in exasperation. What was this guilty-victim theory? Little Siu was genuinely innocent, not as calculating as Zhou Yuedong thought. Seeing their stepmother being ridiculed because of him, he was immediately on the verge of tears, pleading for help as he looked at Zhou Yueshen. "Dad, let's not buy anything. Let's go home."

Zhou Yueshen looked at the pitiful Siu. Despite being almost eight years old, due to long-term malnutrition, his arms and legs were thin, and he stood among the crowd with a pale face, trembling. The people around him seemed as terrifying as ferocious beasts.

It dawned on Sini that the two children were in such a hostile environment. However, when facing her, they had always been understanding and restrained, so she never found anything unusual. But now, it seemed that their issues were not superficial but internal—sensitive and fragile, fearful and helpless.

Zhou Yueshen's gaze grew even colder as he glanced at the saleswoman and then at the manager. In a low, icy tone, he said, "Manager Wang."

Manager Wang, initially furrowing his brows, was stunned when someone called his name. Then, recognizing Zhou Yueshen, he hurried over in disbelief. "Comrade Zhou, what are you doing here?"

Zhou Yueshen withdrew his gaze, coolly stating, "Buying clothes for the kids."

Manager Wang paused, glanced at the two children, then back at Zhou Yueshen, as if realizing something. His eyes widened in shock. "They are..."

The saleswoman couldn't believe that the man actually knew the manager. Hearing his tone, her mind buzzed in confusion. Sini was also puzzled. "You know each other?"

Manager Wang quickly smiled and explained, "Of course, the fresh meat in our supermarket comes from Zhou's breeding farm. We've been cooperating for over a year."

Sini was shocked. In the city, Zhou Yueshen's farm was this big? Everyone was astonished to hear this. They all knew that the fresh meat at Hongxing Supermarket was from pure-grain-fed pigs, known for their superior taste, freshness, and quality. Many people even queued up from afar to buy pork here. It was common knowledge among those who frequented the supermarket.

They heard it was from a large-scale breeding farm, but they never expected it to belong to the man standing before them! Everyone was thoroughly stunned! This was what a real wealthy person looked like! Those who had just mocked Sini for not belonging here and looked down on her for being of lower status froze in their tracks. She was a teacher and had seen many rural children, often dirty and from poor families, forced to come to the city for school, feeling out of place and unclean. So, seeing this family being so insistent, she couldn't help but make a few sarcastic remarks.