Part 19 He...isn't he trying to kill me?

With his eerie behavior, it became even more chilling. At this moment, Sinen even entertained a terrifying thought: Could he... be planning to kill me? Sinen's heart skipped a beat. She took a deep breath, suppressing her emotions, and calmly asked, "Is there something you need?"

Zhou Yuedong glanced at her for a moment before retracting his gaze. His lean face was beginning to reveal a hint of attractiveness, but his eyes conveyed more of a sinister coldness.

Indeed, those who could become bosses in novels were not ordinary people.

Zhou Yuedong, gripping the straps of his school bag, turned and walked away without a word.

"Surreal," Sinen muttered to herself, feeling somewhat exasperated by the encounter. She turned to put the noodles in the pot and began adding pork fat, soy sauce, and chopped scallions to each bowl.

As the soup was poured over the noodles, oil droplets floated to the surface, emitting a fragrant aroma of scallions and pork fat. The simple scallion oil noodles were ready.

Meanwhile, in Zhou Yuedong's room, Zhou Yuehan sat dumbfounded in front of his brother, still holding his sister who was sucking on a piece of candy.

"Brother, what should we do?" He swallowed hard, looking at his sister holding a cookie in one hand and a White Rabbit milk candy in the other, unable to comprehend the situation.

Zhou Yuedong wiped his sister's drool and said, "Let's wait a few days and see."

"But, but Grandma Liu said that Sister was bullied by that bad woman," Zhou Yuehan anxiously held her sister tightly, unwilling to let her go to anyone else.

"What do you think of Grandma Liu?" Zhou Yuedong's eyes were deep, not typical of a ten-year-old child.

Zhou Yuehan paused for a moment, then frowned and said, "I don't really like her. Her cooking is terrible, and she always likes to... argue with Dad..."

As he said this, he suddenly froze.

Zhou Yuedong held his sister in his arms, carefully examining her rosy cheeks, and said, "Yes, she loves to lie."

*Knock knock knock*

The door was knocked.

Outside, Sinen's gentle voice came, "Elder Brother and Second Brother, it's time for dinner."

The two brothers exchanged a glance, then got up and walked out of the room.

Sinen looked at the two children, both dressed in gray cloth clothes with many patches. Despite the hot weather, they had sweat on their foreheads from the long walk.

The two children looked quite similar, but Zhou Yuedong had a colder expression while Zhou Yuehan seemed more cautious.

Without showing any traces, Sinen withdrew her gaze, but she felt a tug on her skirt.

She glanced down and saw Yoyo's grape-like eyes shining as she looked up at her, extending her little hand for a hug. Sinen's eyes softened, and she bent down to pick up the little darling before heading downstairs.

Children's reactions were always the purest; they liked whoever treated them well. It was evident that Yoyo liked her. However, Yoyo didn't like Grandma Liu because she never asked Grandma Liu for a hug.

Zhou Yuedong lowered his gaze and followed with his brother.

There were several steaming bowls of noodles on the table, each topped with a golden fried egg emitting a tantalizing aroma, causing the two hungry children, who hadn't eaten all day, to involuntarily swallow saliva.