Part 16 Lie

At this moment, Sinen was no longer just an ordinary beauty from the city. She was a sensible and kind-hearted girl. A kind and beautiful girl like her, who wouldn't like her? Everyone surrounded her, comforting her.

"You're such a sensible and good child, not like that Lin Sisi."

"Yeah, but don't worry, even though we're in the countryside, our boss isn't any worse off than those city folks."

"That's right, Boss Zhou is a really good person. He can make money and he's responsible. You'll definitely be happy with him."

"Although our boss had a previous engagement, he's still reliable. You don't need to worry, we vouch for him."

Sinen didn't expect that just a few words from her would convince these people. They told her everything, even some things about Zhou Yue's ex-wife, which surprised her. It's true, she knew Zhou Yue had been married before, but she wasn't sure about the details or how far their relationship had progressed.

Sinen couldn't help stealing a glance at Zhou Yueshen, but she was caught red-handed. She felt embarrassed; anyone would feel awkward being reminded of their ex in front of their current partner. She pretended to casually look away.

Zhou Yueshen frowned.

Sinen wondered if Zhou Yueshen was upset about being reminded of his ex-wife. She couldn't tolerate men who couldn't let go of their past relationships while seeking new ones. If Zhou Yueshen was still pining for his ex, marrying him wouldn't lead to happiness and would be quite repulsive. As the saying goes, "If the ex cries, the current loses." She couldn't let herself end up raising someone else's children and being called "mom" by them in the future.

Sinen thought to herself, she would have to ask Aunt Zhang about the ex-wife's situation. It would be inappropriate to ask Zhou Yueshen directly, so she would have to ask someone else.

Then Zhou Yueshen calmly spoke up, "Her arrival was rather sudden, so I haven't had time to think about the timing. Let's wait a few days and then make arrangements. No need to rush, everyone."

"The wedding will definitely happen, we can't let her down."

Upon hearing this, the surrounding people applauded enthusiastically. "Boss is thoughtful!" "Boss is considerate enough! We'll definitely celebrate when the time comes!"

Sinen lowered her gaze slightly, not saying anything. In truth, she didn't want to have a wedding, but she would discuss this privately with Zhou Yueshen later.

The people around them were excitedly applauding, seemingly oblivious to Liu Guifang's feelings.

Liu Guifang, upon hearing Zhou Yueshen's words, was completely dumbfounded.

With Zhou Yueshen getting married, what should she do?

Sinen was bombarded with questions from everyone about life in the city and at home. She answered truthfully, and everyone thought that despite being a city girl, she was very kind and easy to get along with. They admired Zhou Yueshen even more.

After chatting for a while, some of them were still reluctant to leave, promising to visit her at Zhou's house when they had time.

Sinen couldn't stay longer, considering her child was waiting at home. She stood up to bid farewell.

Suddenly, someone remembered her daughter Yao Yao and asked, "Is Yao Yao at home with Aunt Liu or...?"

Sinen smiled gently, "Could you trouble Aunt Zhang to look after her for a while? I can't delay her any longer. Sorry, everyone. Let's chat another time."

Hearing this, everyone sighed, feeling sorry for her, and became even more disdainful towards Aunt Liu.

They all knew that Sinen had come, yet Aunt Liu still sent her daughter over to cook. Moreover, she didn't go to cook for Zhou's family today. It seemed like Aunt Liu was intentionally making things difficult for Sinen, especially considering Zhou Yueshen wasn't home yet and Sinen was new here.

Thankfully, Sinen could cook. If she hadn't come to deliver the food today, how would Zhou Yueshen think of it? Aunt Liu's scheming was apparent to everyone.

Luckily, Sinen knew how to cook; otherwise, if she hadn't come to deliver the food today, how would Zhou Yueshen perceive it? Aunt Liu's malicious intent was obvious to everyone.

Everyone tactfully gave the two of them some space to be alone.

"My little pigs still need tending to. I'll go busy myself first."

"I've got things to take care of at home."

"Me too. Let's go together."

In no time, only Zhou Yueshen and Sinen were left in the area. Zhou Yueshen looked at Sinen with an inscrutable expression, making her scalp tingle with discomfort.

She couldn't quite understand why this old man was looking at her like that. After pondering for a while, she realized she hadn't said anything wrong.

After a while, Zhou Yueshen finally spoke up, "Although I'm not sure what exactly happened recently, since you're here, I won't mistreat you."

Just as Sinen let out a sigh of relief, Zhou Yueshen continued, "But you don't need to lie. I have some knowledge of your situation, so there's no need to exaggerate."

He disliked hypocritical people.

With that said, he turned around. "Let's go. I'll walk you out."

Sinen: "What?" Damn, how did I lie? Everything I said was true! True!

Although it might differ from the original owner's thoughts, it wasn't a big deal. Besides, the original owner's thoughts weren't hers, so rounding off the differences didn't amount to lying.

Was this old man trying to belittle Lin Sisi and elevate himself by saying that? Where was the exaggeration? Where?

Sinen, with a flushed face, was very angry. According to the book, Lin Sisi, although the female lead, wasn't exactly a good person! If it weren't for her, the original owner wouldn't have ended up in this situation. Moreover, she was switched at birth, it's not like she deliberately occupied her affluent life for over a decade. Falling from heaven to hell was already miserable enough, now she had to replace her and marry a divorced man. It's natural to feel resentment in such circumstances.

She didn't think there was anything wrong with what she said, it was all entirely true. Yet this old man dared to say she was exaggerating. Ha, he sure spoke lightly.

Sinen followed behind, glaring at him with swollen eyes. She really wanted to confront him, but it was true that the original owner didn't want to marry over here, so his suspicion was understandable.

Zhou Yueshen probably knew about these things, which was why he spoke like that.

She suddenly changed her mind; his skepticism was understandable.

Now, Sinen felt like a mute person forced to swallow bitterness; she had grievances to express but couldn't find the words. Even without looking back, Zhou Yueshen could sense the resentment in her gaze.

As they reached the door, he pulled it open. Sinen didn't even spare him a glance as she walked out.

"Wait," a low voice came from behind just as she was about to leave.

"What else?" Sinen asked indifferently. She was already disappointed in this man. Despite his handsome appearance, wealth, and property, his words were just too unpleasant. Clearly, there was no future in dealing with men; she had to rely on herself.

Zhou Yueshen paused, unaffected by her attitude. He took out a thick wad of cash from his pocket. Sinen's expression transformed from one of indifference ( ̄. ̄) to one of surprise Σ(o゚д゚oノ).

Zhou Yueshen glanced at her and handed her the money. "I don't need much money when I'm out. Take this and buy yourself something. Whatever you want. If it's not enough, come find me later."

"Thanks for lunch today," he added.