Part 26 Encounter at the station

Sini and her sister had already turned and left.

How could it be possible? In the past, whenever she saw me, she was more excited than anyone else, always rushing over to bother me, annoying beyond measure.

But just now, she didn't react at all upon seeing me?

Could it be that I misunderstood just now and she didn't actually see me?

Yeah, that must be it. She definitely didn't see me. If she had, she wouldn't have been so composed.

Thinking this, Fuyang disdainfully curled his lip, closed the window.

Sini and Fuyang went to the radio station to handle the paperwork. Since they were insiders, the process was quick.

After finishing the paperwork, Sini had no further ties with the radio station.

Fuyang gave her the money, and seeing that it was getting late, Sini hurriedly left the radio station.

She rarely came to the city and had a lot of things she wanted to buy.

But the last bus here was at five in the afternoon.

It's already three o'clock.

Sini calculated the money she had on her: the two thousand from Fuyang, the six hundred-plus from Zhou Yueshen, and her own original savings, totaling over two thousand seven hundred.

Two thousand seven hundred might not sound like much today, but in the 1980s, it was equivalent to tens of thousands, even more.

After all, money was more valuable back then.

Sini felt fortunate that she was living in the 1980s and not the 1960s or 1970s. In those decades, even with money, it was sometimes difficult to buy necessities, as there were various restrictions and shortages.

But in the 1980s, it was different. Money could buy almost anything, as long as you had it.

Although using ration coupons might be cheaper, the restrictions were too limiting.

People had begun to pursue quality over quantity.

Sini took Yao Yao and entered the department store.

It was Yao Yao's first time in a place like this, and her beautiful big eyes were scanning around curiously, filled with curiosity about the world.

Sini first took the child to the children's clothing section, intending to buy her some clothes.

It was scorching hot in the middle of summer, but the child's clothes were all thick cotton outfits—easy to get dirty and difficult to wash.

In rural areas, parents tended to layer many thick clothes on their children, fearing they might catch a cold even in the summer.

Yao Yao only had a couple of outerwear pieces to change into, some of which were already hard to clean.

To free herself from the hassle, Sini decided to buy her some lightweight children's clothing.

Nowadays, there were plenty of people willing to spend money on children. Even a small T-shirt could cost five yuan, and there were ones priced at over ten or twenty yuan.

Regardless of the era, there were always wealthy people willing to buy expensive items.

Sini was lucky to come across a supermarket promotion where buying one item meant getting another one for free.

She chose two pieces of small floral-patterned T-shirts, bought two pairs of pants, and some little sneakers for children, spending only fifteen yuan.

She had intended to buy for Zhou Yuandong and Zhou Yuanhan as well, especially since Zhou Yueshen had given her quite a bit of money. However, Sini didn't know their sizes, making it difficult to buy for them at the moment. She decided to wait for another opportunity to see if she could find out their sizes next time.

Unable to buy clothes, but that didn't mean she couldn't find other items. The backpacks for the two little ones were already worn out, and backpacks didn't require worrying about sizes, so Sini casually bought two.

She couldn't carry too much stuff by herself, so she didn't dare to buy too much. Fortunately, with the backpacks, she could stuff quite a bit inside.

Next, Sini went to the nutrition section and bought some milk powder, nutritional supplements, honey, and other good stuff. After all, the children were growing and needed proper nutrition.

Sini also bought some calcium supplements and blood tonics. She had poor health when she was young and didn't have good nutrition. After taking calcium supplements, her height shot up rapidly. Sini believed that calcium supplementation was still very useful.

After buying these things, she had quite a few items.

Sini took Yao Yao to the station and found a small snack shop to sit down. She was also very hungry and said, "Boss, bring a serving of soy milk, two eggs, a serving of deep-fried dough sticks, and a basket of steamed dumplings."

As soon as the food was served, Sini began to eat voraciously. Yao Yao could feed herself and didn't need Sini's help. She grabbed an egg and stuffed it into her mouth, looking incredibly cute.

When Fu Yao's car pulled up, he saw Sini sitting in the snack shop and immediately furrowed his brow. Just as he suspected, Sini must have had ulterior motives. How else would she know he would be coming to the station today? She probably used the pretext of work to inquire about his whereabouts from her sister! It was truly annoying.

The driver of Fu's car was from the Fu family and knew Sini. When he saw her, he spoke up, "Young Master, should we greet Miss Sini?"

The driver still had some impression of Miss Sini from the Fu family. She was very beautiful, and today she had even proactively sold her job to their Miss.

After hearing that she wasn't their biological daughter, she chose to leave the Fu family. Overall, it was quite pitiful. Despite being the same age as his own daughter, she had gone through so much.

Considering their families still had an engagement relationship and were from the same compound, he felt it would be impolite not to greet her when they met.

Upon hearing this, Fu Yao immediately expressed his displeasure, "No need. Just keep driving, Jie."

The driver hesitated for a moment, but considering that the young master indeed seemed to have a dislike for Miss Sini, he didn't say much.

As they passed by Sini and Yao Yao, Fu Yao instinctively turned his head to look at Sini.

For some reason, Fu Yao felt a strong urge to see her reaction as he walked past her. Yet, she remained excited, while he pretended not to notice her, wearing a mask of indifference. Perhaps it was the inherent cruelty of men to toy with women, especially since he found Sini's previous gaze quite irritating. Although he reassured himself that Sini probably hadn't seen him, deep down, he knew she had.

However, he was disappointed. Sini was focused on eating and didn't even glance in his direction. His car was so conspicuous, and yet she didn't spare it a single look. It was like being snubbed by someone he had long ignored, only to find himself suddenly on the receiving end.

If Sini knew what he was thinking, she would surely cry foul. She wasn't from this era, and seeing a car wasn't anything out of the ordinary for her. Moreover, she wasn't the original inhabitant of this body, so she wasn't familiar with Fu Yao's car. It was natural for her not to pay attention.

Who would have thought that because she didn't look, he would concoct such a melodramatic scene in his mind?

Fu Yao withdrew his gaze with a sullen expression, speaking loudly, perhaps for his own benefit or perhaps for the driver's: "In the future, when you see her, don't bother to stop the car. Pretend you didn't see her."

The driver felt perplexed. "Young Master, perhaps Miss Sini didn't recognize your car."

Fu Yao scoffed, "How is that possible? In the past, she would shout louder than anyone when she saw my car."

The driver fell silent at this, then ventured cautiously, "Young Master, maybe Miss Sini was just being friendly because she thought you were her fiancé. After all, not acknowledging each other wouldn't be normal given your relationship, right?"