Race me.

Her head was throbbing, the back feeling as if someone was stabbing her in and out over and over again. She stuck her hand out of the blanket regretting the decision immediately, goosebumps ran up her arm, the air so cold from the night prior. She turned off her alarm clock turning her back to it. Wrapping the blanket tightly around her goosebumped skin a wave of comfort ran through her. She sighed hearing her alarm clock ringing again. She sat down, wrapping the perfectly warm blanket around her back.

She stood up, her eyes wandering around the room. She opened the door yawning slightly saying hi to her roommate. He just smiled, no response, just a shy smile. Lydia has known Gustav for a while now. They started living together at the ripe age of 16 when they both were miraculously kicked out. Bonding instantly they agreed to live together and help each other.

"I made some pancakes, want some?" His deep German accent running through Lydias' head. She smiled, "sure".

Lydia sat down on the kitchen island looking deeply into Gustavs' eyes. "Why won't you come race with me tonight?" She asked for the fiftieth time. "I told you I can't, I'm going on a date" he sighed. They both loved racing so much, dreaming of owning the sport once.

Lydias' eyes fluttered faking a pout, "oh come on Gustav, take her with you then." Lydia smiled at the suggestion. Her hopes were up till she didn't hear Gustavs' deep laugh. "Oh no, I won't take my first date to something I know for a fact I will lose." He turned his eyes back to Lydia staring straight through her soul. "Well at least you'll get a good fuck after." She winked at him, jumping down from the island.

Her slim legs took her to the bathroom, staring at herself in the mirror she was a mess. Her long hair matted almost everywhere, her mascara was smudged underneath her eyelids. She took a deep breath. Taking her eyes off of the person staring at her through the mirror she pumped two pumps of her cleaner in the centre of her palm. Stroking her palms together the soft foam spread on-top of her palms.

Lydia washed her skin carefully not to trigger it. The cleanser cleaned out her pores making her skin look as flawless as ever. She smiled, her teeth were finally straight after years of crying about the looks of them. Looking down beside the sink her hand grabbed her hairbrush. It was gifted to her by her grandmother, so of course Lydia always used it. She brushed through her brown highlights of a hair. Putting the hairbrush down she stared at herself once again smiling in the mirror.

"Lydia, food" Gustav yelled as Lydia walked in. Her tall slim figure hung low as she sat down. "God Gustav I'm so tired, when did we come back yesterday?" She asked rubbing her yes with the palms of her hands.

"Around four in the morning"

"Cut the bullshit, Gustav it's eight in the morning. What the fuck am I doing up." She groaned tossing her head back, of course she was tired when she slept for only four hours max.

Lydia waited as Gustav emerged from behind her setting the plate in front of her. The waffles had a whipped cream and berries on top. "Gustav I'd marry you on the spot" she whispered more to herself than to him.

"I know." He teased stroking the back of her arm with a smirk.

"Oh fuck off" Lydia pushed him away. "Not funny" she smiled.

They sat down to eat, glancing at the food before looking at each other. "Enjoy your meal" Gustav said cutting a piece of his waffle stuffing it in his mouth. Lydia smiled, doing the same. They ate in silence. Not the awkward kind, more of a comfortable and pleasant silence.

—————————————————————————

Lydia sat in her car, excited for tonight. A "gang" of some sort coming to race with her. All she knew about it was that she was the winner. She knew she would win. Not a single chance those guys have any chance of winning. She smiled at the thought of their defeated faces.