Chapter 22 Return of Them

3rd POV

"How can you not admire the beauty and raw power of nature?" Grandpa Max said as their little tour boat sailed next to Niagara Falls.

"I don't know. Ask Ben." Gwen said.

They looked back to see Ben fiddling with his watch for the millionth time.

"Ben, I swear if you break that watch again, I'm gonna break your neck and throw you in a river tied to a bunch of rocks." Y/n said.

Grandpa Max gave him a look.

"What? I was just being honest." Y/n shrugged.

"I'm just trying to figure out how to control it better. That's all." Ben said.

"Get real! There must be, like, a billion command combinations on that thing." Gwen scoffed.

"Yeah, so?" Ben asked.

The Tennysons sighed and left Ben alone. Ben continued to fiddle until the watch let out a small beep. The plate began spinning as the images of his aliens flashed through the dial.

"Uh oh. Please tell me I didn't bust this thing again..." Ben groaned, "Maybe it's just some kind of an upgrade-"

There was a suddenly flash and Ben transformed into Upgrade.

"Woah! What happened? I-I never even touched it!" Realization suddenly dawned on Ben, "Unless

"Woah! What happened? I-I never even touched it!" Realization suddenly dawned on Ben, "Unless... maybe now I don't have to...!"

"Gray Matter!"

He transformed into Grey Matter.

"Diamondhead!"

He transformed into Diamondhead.

"Cool. This rocks!"

He transformed into XLR8.

"I must have finally unlocked some kind of master control or something!"

He transformed into Heatblast.

"Now, I can go alien-"

He transformed into Wildvine.

"-Just by thinking it."

Meanwhile an old man tapped Grandpa Max on the shoulder, "Excuse me, would you mind taking a picture of me and my wif-"

He froze when he saw Wildmutt drinking out of the lake. The sight of the alien canine spooked him so much he stumbled back and fell right off the railing and into the flowing waters below.

Wildmutt immediately transformed into Ripjaws, "No problem. Ripjaws in the house!"

He dove in after the man, grabbing him and leaping into the air before transforming into Stinkfly. Clearly wanting to show off, he began flying around the air doing tricks with the horrified man just hanging on loosely.