Chapter 14 Me, Myself but Not I

3rd POV

The Tennysons were standing in line for a video game store in San Francisco.

 "We've been in this line for two hours, and it hasn't budged an inch!" Gwen groaned.

"Small price to pay for Sumo Slammers 2.1! I'd do anything to get this game! Even be seen in public with you." Ben said.

"You already have Sumo Slammers 2! Do you really need an extra 0.1?!" Y/n groaned.

"You can change your fighter's color at any time during the match. Duh! And besides, you camped out in front of that movie theater all night to see that dumb movie you already watched!" Ben said.

"Hey, Mind Bender the Insomnia cut was completely different from Mind Bender! They had a live orchestra playing the soundtrack!" Y/n snapped.

"You know, there's a nice air conditioned bookstore over there. Maybe we can wait inside until this line thins out a bit." Grandpa Max suggested.

"Please, these heels are not meant for standing this long. My feet are killing me!" Hope begged.

 "And lose my place? Not an option! You guys go, I'll get my game and meet you back at the RV."

"Want us to pick up anything for you at the book store?" Grandpa Max asked.

"I'm on summer vacation. Why would I read anything?" Ben asked.

——————-

"So, think Ben's gone stir crazy in that line yet?" Gwen asked as they left the bookstore.

Suddenly, a scream filled the air. People ran out of the video game store as Four Arms crashed through the wall. A police car swerved onto the scene but he picked up the car shakes the officers out.

 A police car swerved onto the scene but he picked up the car shakes the officers out

"Uh, why is Ben going berserk and tossing around police officers?" Gwen asked.

"Maybe he did go crazy." Hope said.

More police cars arrived as Four Arms began picking up anything he could get his hands on and chucking them at the police.

"He must gave snapped his cap! All for a video game?" Gwen asked.

"I don't believe it..." Grandpa Max said.

As Four Arms continued his rampage, an armored vehicle rolled up and a man with a crew cut stepped out.