SHOT 18

"Sathvik, why don't you put Muskaan to sleep?" Nilima asked after dinner.

"Sure, Mom," Sathvik said, picking up a drowsy Muskaan in his arms.

Muskaan laid her head on her uncle's shoulder and clutched his collars in her chubby little fists.

"I shifted her cot to our bedroom, Sathvik. Put her to sleep there," Nilima added, and Sathvik nodded in understanding.

Devangana's spine stiffened in nervousness as she heard Nilima.

Her mother had scared her before leaving, telling her about wedding nights and marital relationships. The thought that Muskaan would be there with them at night had been her only reassurance.

As soon as Sathvik left with Muskaan, Nilima turned to Devangana with a smile.

Nilima first took her to a guestroom and made her wear a beautiful saree. Angana looked on in horror as Nilima made her get ready. She hadn't been anticipating any of this.

Roop bought a glass of warm milk. Nilima took it and handed it over to Angana.

"I know you both aren't ready to start a life. But all these are rituals. Let's just follow it. You can take your time when it comes to your personal life." Nilima said with a soft smile and Angana let out a relieved sigh.

"Come, I will take you to your room."

Devangana stopped in her tracks, looking at the bedroom in horror.

The bedroom was decorated with roses and scented candles. It was not an elaborate wedding night style setting. But yet, it was giving her palpitations.

"Devangana, I know this marriage has been so unexpected for you. But I hope you both will try and make it work," Nilima said and helped Devangana onto the bed.

"Uh... yes, Mom," Devangana said, feeling awkward at the romantic setting of the room.

"If you have any problems here, you will tell me. Okay?" Nilima asked.

"Yes, Mom," Devangana nodded like a doll.

Nilima pressed a little kiss on her daughter-in-law's forehead and left.

As soon as Nilima left, Devangana got off the bed and started pacing the room.

She heard the bedroom door opening and held her breath.

"What the f*ck?" Sathvik cursed, seeing the setting of the bedroom, and then he saw the nervous look on Devangana's face.

Sathvik took a step towards her, and Devangana took a step back nervously.

Sathvik took another step towards her, and Devangana clutched her saree tightly on either side.

"Why are you stepping back, Devangana? Remember, you are my wife now," Sathvik said.

"Yes," Devangana nodded with a gulp.

"And wives never deny their husbands anything. Didn't your mother tell you that?" Sathvik asked as he stepped closer to her.

Devangana could feel her heart slamming against her rib cage. She saw him leaning towards her, and she closed her eyes tightly.

The weird sensations in her stomach were back, and she could feel a thrill of both fear and excitement at the same time.

She opened her eyes when she heard him chuckle.

"Look at your face, as if you were being taken for execution," Sathvik teased.

"You were teasing me?" Devangana accused.

"Was I?"

Devangana huffed.