SHOT 16

"You don't have to say anything now, Deva. I don't expect you to reciprocate the feelings so quickly. I will wait for you," Sathvik said and brought her hands towards his lips, making her blush.

Devangana wriggled her hands to get them out of his grip, only for him to tighten them.

"Sathvik ji, please leave my hands. Someone will come," Devangana said, glancing at the door, making sure no one is coming.

"Let them come. You are my wife. Let me see who has a problem with me holding my wife's hand," Sathvik said cheekily, wanting to see her blush more.

Much to his satisfaction, Devangana turned a darker shade of red.

"If you turn any redder, Deva, Muskaan will think that you are an apple," Sathvik said with a soft laugh, earning a scowl from Devangana.

She stood up from the love seat and walked around the room, taking in all the nooks and corners.

She noticed the dual photo stand on the bedside table.

There were two photos. One she recognized as Muskaan's mother, Priyanka. The other one was of a young lady in a saree, with a bright smile and warm eyes.

She took the photo frame in her hands and looked closely.

The lady's eyes looked similar to Sathvik's.

"Is this your mother, Sathvik ji?" Devangana asked curiously.

"Yes, that's Maa," Sathvik said with a fond smile.

She then noticed the different photo frames on the wall.

Some were photos of baby Sathvik with his parents. Some were photos with Priyanka and Nilima Mom. Some were photos with friends.

She noticed a photo of Sathvik, Vedhika, and Ishwar.

"Ishwar bhaiyya and you studied together?" Devangana asked.

"Yes, from schooling to university, we did it together," Sathvik said.

"So you two are the same age? Ishwar bhaiyya got married three years ago? Why didn't you?" Devangana asked.

"I have been waiting for you all my life," Sathvik said in a flirty voice.

Devangana's mouth fell open in surprise.

"What happened to you? You were never like this before?" Devangana asked in surprise.

"Back then, you weren't my wife. Now you are," Sathvik said with a shrug.

"Vedhika also studied with you?" Devangana asked.

"Same university, different stream. Theirs was a love marriage. They tied the knot as soon as they got out of college. Vedhika's parents were old. She was a late-born baby, so they wanted to marry her off sooner," Sathvik said.

"Oh," Devangana said, wondering whether Sathvik too had a girlfriend at college. He must have. He is a very handsome man. And obviously a progressive man. He definitely must have had at least a couple of girlfriends.

"I had a girlfriend during my university time. We dated for a few years. Then we broke it off as it didn't work out anymore," Sathvik said, as if sensing her question.

Devangana's eyes widened.

"You did?" She asked with a frown, not liking the fact that he had a girlfriend.

"Of course, Deva. I am a modern hot-blooded man. I definitely had a girlfriend. But I was never a playboy. You can rest assured about that. It was a normal campus love which burned out as quickly." Sathvik said with a shrug.

Sathvik and Devangana spent the next hour talking to each other and getting to know one another.

"Sathvik, Devangana. The designer is here. Let's get her measurements," Nilima said, coming to get them.

"Sure, Mom. Let's go, Deva," Sathvik said and took her to the guest room where the designer was waiting for Devangana.

"Sathee!" Muskaan squealed as Sathvik came to the living room, where she was playing with her kitchen set, having a tea party with her Ichu.

Sathvik saw Ishaan acting like drinking from the small set of cups and saucer.

"Wow. Yummy," Ishaan said, making Muskaan clap her hands in glee.

Muskaan took another cup from the set and handed it to Sathvik.

"Sathee, tea!" she said.

Sathvik took it with a smile and imitated Ishaan, making Muskaan giggle.

"Where is Angana?" Ishaan asked.

"In the guest room, with the designer," Sathvik said, and Ishaan nodded.

"Here, Muskaan. Let's watch cartoons," Ishaan said and played a cartoon on the TV, distracting Muskaan from making him drink more imaginary tea.

As Muskaan got immersed in the cartoon, Ishaan turned to Sathvik.

"Sathvik."

"Yes?"

"I was five when Angana was born. Ever since then, I have been protecting her like a mother bear does. Yes, we do fight at home. I do like irritating her. But if someone else hurts her in any way, I wouldn't shy away from hurting them badly," Ishaan said.

"Okay?" Sathvik said, confused as to where this conversation is leading to.

"I want you to remember that just because you are her husband doesn't mean we will wash our hands off her."

"Of course, I don't think so," Sathvik said with a frown.

"If you hurt her, I hurt you. There will be no questioning about that," Ishaan threatened.

Sathvik nodded, understanding Ishaan's feelings.

Along with that came the guilt. Maybe if he had threatened Rajveer like this, Priyanka would still be alive.

"I can't promise that I will never hurt her, Ishaan. We are humans. We are bound to make mistakes. But I promise you, I will always be there to wipe her tears if she gets hurt. I promise you, I will always stand beside her, no matter what. I will try my best to keep her happy," Sathvik vowed.

"Great. I have always wanted to have this talk when Angana gets married. I have been practising for years," Ishaan said in his usual cheerful tone.

"Ishaan, why don't you join back at the company?" Sathvik asked.

"No, not at all. Now that you are my brother-in-law, I do not intend to work there," Ishaan said.

"You are not going to get any special privileges of being my brother-in-law if that's what worries you."

"Maybe I won't. But will people believe that? If I achieve something out of my hard work, even then people will say that's because I am the CEO's brother-in-law. So it's better I find another job. I have an interview tomorrow," Ishaan said.

"If that's what you want. When you quit, you didn't take a reference from the company. I will give you one. You deserve that," Sathvik said.

"Sure."

Devangana came into the living room.

"All done?" Sathvik asked.

"No. I came to get Muskaan. I want her to wear a dress similar to mine," Devangana said, making both men roll their eyes.

A/N

Here goes the next shot..

Please do vote, comment and share..

Love,

SF❤️