SHOT 17

"Where is Devangana and Tripti?" Indrajith Kashyap asked as he came back to the living room with Charan Acharya.

"They are in the guest room with Mom. The designer just left," Sathvik said, pointing towards the bedroom where his mother had taken Devangana.

"Oh, I think it's time we left. We need to go home and make preparations for your welcome. Also, there will be people talking. We just need to get it under control soon," Indran said, and Sathvik nodded his head in understanding.

"I will go get them," Sathvik said politely and walked towards the guest room to get his wife and mother-in-law.

On the way, he saw his mother, Nilima, coming out of her bedroom.

"Mom? You are here? Where is Devangana and Mommy?" Sathvik asked.

"They are in the guest room. Muskaan was getting cranky. I just put her to sleep," Nilima said, pointing towards her bedroom. She always sleeps either with the elder Acharya couple or with Sathvik.

"Oh, I will go get them," Sathvik said.

"Yeah, go. I will get the gifts. Thank God we still have some of the gifts we bought that day with us. I will go get them," Nilima said and hurried to get the said items.

In the guest room, as soon as Nilima left, carrying a cranky Muksaan, Tripti turned to her daughter.

"Angana?"

"Yes, Mommy?"

"I know whatever happened today was totally unexpected. You are still in shock. But remember, now you are a wife. And you have responsibilities. You can't keep behaving childishly like you do at home," Tripti said, making Devangana frown.

"I am not childish," Devangana protested.

"You have to wake up early from now onwards. You need to take care of Sathvik's things too. He should be your priority from now onwards. And Muskaan. I understand it is sudden, and I know you will love her like your own. But a child is a huge responsibility. You can't become an ideal mother overnight, but you will have to learn slowly," Tripti said.

"I know, Mommy," Devangana said.

Then Tripti looked hesitant before saying the next thing.

"What happened, Mommy?" Devangana asked, seeing her mother's hesitancy. Her mother had never held back from giving an earful, either of scoldings or of advice. So Devangana was confused seeing her mother acting unnaturally hesitant.

"Sathvik is your husband. And he has all the rights over you," Tripti said, making Devangana frown in confusion.

"What rights?" Devangana was confused as to what her mother was talking about.

"He might hurt you. But you will have to adjust with it, Angana. Don't refuse him," Tripti said, without looking at her daughter.

"Why would he hurt me? He had promised to always keep me happy," Devangana said, defending her new husband.

"Angana, I wish we had time so that someone your age could have explained these things to you. I am talking about the husband and wife relationship, Devangana," Tripti said, turning a little pink at having to have the talk with her daughter.

Devangana frowned for a moment and then started turning pink when she realised what her mother was talking about.

"Oh," that's all Devangana could say in response.

"You understand, don't you? You must have learned these in biology classes in school. So you must be aware that it would hurt the initial few times. But Sathvik is your husband. Don't deny him. Ever," Tripti said, and Devangana simply nodded, wanting to put an end to the conversation.

Growing up in a conservative family, the topics of s*x have never been discussed with one's parents. Yes, she is aware of all the birds and bees, but only through very close friends.

Sathvik, who had come to call them downstairs, stood outside, hearing the conversation going on.

He frowned, not liking what his mother-in-law was telling Devangana.

He didn't understand the typical old-generation mentality where people think that a wife should never deny a husband s*x if the husband wants it.

That's so archaic. A woman has all the rights to deny her body if she doesn't want to share it.

Sathvik knocked on the slightly open door to let them know of his presence.

The mother-daughter duo was startled when they heard the knock, and they both started blushing seeing him there.

Sathvik had this uncontrollable urge to laugh at the sight. But he controlled it, not wanting to embarrass his new mother-in-law by letting her know that he heard their conversation.

"Papa is calling for you both downstairs."

"Oh yes, yes. We are coming."

*****

Devangana sobbed, hugging her father.

Finally, it dawned upon her that she is to live with Sathvik and the Acharya family from now onwards.

In all the chaos from morning, it hadn't really penetrated her brain that she wouldn't be staying with her parents any longer.

Sathvik watched helplessly as his wife cried.

He couldn't bear to see her cry like that.

"Angana, you will be coming home tomorrow. We will see you then," Tripti said.

"Now I don't have to share my bathroom anymore. Yay," Ishaan cheered, though his eyes were filled with tears.

"Don't you dare remove anything of mine from there," Devangana warned, coming out of her father's embrace and glaring at her elder brother.

"Duh. It's not your home anymore," Ishaan said cheekily.

"Papa, see what bhaiyya is saying," Devangana complained to her father.

"Shut up, Ishaan," Indran scolded his son.

"Take care, Angana. Take care of them too," Tripti whispered as she hugged her daughter.

Devangana sobbed as she watched her parents leaving in the car arranged by the Acharyas.

Sathvik wound his arms around her shoulder and pulled her to his chest.

"They are not going anywhere, Deva. They are just half an hour away from here. We can go and visit them whenever you want. And they can come here anytime. Please stop crying," Sathvik said, and Devangana tightened her arms around him and sobbed into his chest.

Charan and Nilima left from there, giving the couple privacy.

Sathvik took Devangana to the garden, and they both sat on the stone bench.

Devangana is still crying in his embrace, and Sathvik is rubbing her back.

"I am sorry. Your shirt is all wet," Devangana said, seeing the wet patches on his shirt after a while.

Sathvik grinned.

"Everything is yours, Deva. This shirt and me. You have all the rights," Sathvik said, making Devangana blush.

"Come, let's go inside," Sathvik said and led her to the house, holding her hands.

A/N

Please do vote, comment and share..

Love,

SF❤️