SHOT 14

"Sathvik, you sly dog. You have been hiding her from us?" A voice came from behind them.

Sathvik looked up to see Ishwar and Vedhika coming towards them.

"Devangana, this is my best friend Ishwar and his wife Vedhika. And guys, this is Devangana," Sathvik made the introductions.

"And who is Devangana?" Vedhika asked with a teasing smirk.

"Devangana Sathvik Acharya. My wife," Sathvik said as he placed an arm around Devangana's shoulder.

Devangana's eyes widened at the gesture, and she looked up at him with the same expression.

Sathvik grinned, seeing the look on Devangana's face.

Her face is so expressive, especially her eyes.

Her beautiful hazel-coloured eyes.

Sathvik stared into those eyes, a feeling of drowning suddenly enveloping him.

Ishwar coughed, and Sathvik snapped out of his daydream.

"Uh, well..."

"So, tell us about your story, Devangana. He kept you a secret from us. We never knew Sathvik was in a relationship," Vedhika said.

"Oh no, we were not in a relationship. It's a long story. Tell them, Sathvik ji," Devangana said, gently nudging Sathvik with her elbow.

"Aww, Sathvik ji. How cute?" Ishwar teased, making Devangana blush even more.

Sathvik grinned, seeing her blush.

He realised he loved her blush.

Oh, how pretty she becomes when she blushes.

Not that she is less pretty without the blush, but she turns positively stunning when she blushes.

"God, Sathvik. Stop staring at her like you want to gobble her up," Vedhika teased, managing to turn Devangana an even darker shade of red.

Devangana hoped Mother Earth would split up and gobble her instead.

The new couple who had come by were mercilessly teasing them, and Sathvik was simply grinning as if he was enjoying every moment of it.

He casually took her hands in his, and Devangana felt her heart jumping out of her ribcage and getting stuck somewhere near her throat.

Oh shiv ji, what is happening to me? She thought to herself.

She is not seeing Sathvik for the first time, nor is she being in close proximity with him for the first time.

But why is she suddenly feeling all these weird flip-flops in her stomach?

Devangana tried to discreetly get her hand out of his hold, but he tightened his grip on her hands.

"So, why such a sudden marriage? Couldn't wait to organise a wedding, Sathvik?" Ishwar asked.

Sathvik proceeded to explain everything that had happened so far.

"Damn," Ishwar cursed.

"These jobless aunties, I tell you," Vedhika began to curse the Babita character in her own colourful language.

"And her brother punched you too? Damn! I missed the main part of the show," Ishwar said in regret, earning a kick from Sathvik.

"Oh, but the guy inside didn't look like someone who goes around punching other guys. He was so sweet with Muskaan. And he happily took Ishwari with him," Vedhika said, remembering the cute guy with muscles.