Shot 6

"Darling!! Come meet Mrs. Iyer," Sathvik drawled, startling Devangana.

Devangana looked at him with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"What?" She asked in surprise, making Mrs. Iyer frown.

"Why does your fiance look as if she is informed about your engagement only now?" Mrs. Iyer asked.

"Fiance?" Devangana whispered in disbelief.

Sathvik cursed himself for being so impulsive. He turned towards Devangana, pleading with his eyes.

"Darling, I know we decided to keep it a secret until Mom and Dad come back from the trip. But Mrs. Iyer, here, wanted to meet you," Sathvik said.

Devangana didn't understand anything, other than the look of desperation in her boss's eyes. So she simply nodded at him and shot a nervous smile at the older woman in the cabin.

"So, how did you two actually meet?" Mrs. Iyer asked.

"It's an arranged marriage," Sathvik said.

"It's a love marriage," Devangana said at the same time.

Sathvik closed his eyes in dread.

"Love or arranged?" Mrs. Iyer asked.

Devangana chuckled nervously.

"Sathvik ji, why are you so shy? It's okay to tell everyone that we are having a love marriage," Devangana said.

"Where did you meet?" Mrs. Iyer asked, finding something fishy.

"It's a long story, ma'am," Devangana said.

"Tell me the simplified version," Mrs. Iyer said.

Devangana looked at Sathvik in panic. Sathvik mirrored her expression.

"Actually, we met during a train journey," Devangana said.

"A train?"

"Yes, Sathvik ji was heartbroken after his ex-girlfriend's marriage. He boarded a random train. And I happened to be on that train. Destiny! Right, Sathvik ji?" Devangana asked, looking at Sathvik.

"Yeah, yeah," Sathvik mumbled.

"How did the heartbroken Sathvik fall in love with you?" Mrs. Iyer asked.

"Oh, he was so depressed. And I kept on talking, trying to cheer him up. But he got annoyed with me. Then, at one station, I got down to buy a bottle of water. He had also gotten down at that station. I didn't realise that the train would only stop for two minutes there. I missed the train. Then some rogues started following me, and I ran to Sathvik ji for help. The next train was only after twelve hours. So we had to stay somewhere. During that time, we got to know each other and became friends. Slowly, we fell in love," Devangana narrated her supposed love story.

Sathvik closed his eyes in disbelief. He hoped to hell that Mrs. Iyer had not watched the Bollywood movie "Jab We Met." He remembered watching it with Priyanka long back.

"Okay. Are your parents happy with the marriage?" Mrs. Iyer asked.

"Yes, yes," Sathvik was the one to answer, not wanting Devangana to launch into another filmy story.

Mrs. Iyer looked at baby Muskaan playing with Devangana's chain.

"Well, in that case, I am relieved. I will proceed with the legalities. I will keep in touch with Mr. Bhosale. And yes, if something goes wrong from your side, Mr. Acharya, I will be forced to change my decision," Mrs. Iyer said.

Sathvik and Devangana, along with baby Muskaan, walked towards the cabin door with a polite smile, escorting Mrs. Iyer out.

"It was nice meeting you, Devangana. Hope you guys will get married soon," Mrs. Iyer said and walked away, leaving the employees on the floor looking at them in surprise.