- Chapter 14 -

"Good luck dear," Directress Jewel said as she hugged me. It had been two years since everything had happened. I was eighteen and leaving the orphanage for good. "Thank you," I said as I pulled away.

She smiled at me. "Where do you plan on going?" she asked. I looked at the town. We were standing on the steps of the orphanage. I had already said goodbye to all of the children.

I had worked very hard the last two years to get enough money to have a good life. "I'm going to buy a train ticket," I said, turning back to her. "I believe in you," she whispered.

I smiled, knowing what she was talking about. I had all of my things in my trunk. My trunk consisted of a couple dresses, a hair brush, some drawings the kids made, and the purple necklace the mystery woman gave me.

I sighed and said, "Goodbye," her eyes were brimming with tears, but she didn't let any fall. I walked down the steps and paused. I looked back and waved one more time before going into the town.

I walked through the town and passed the stand I used to work for. I liked that place. I passed the spot where the mystery woman's stand was. I stopped and stared at it for a moment before continuing on.

I got to the bridge and I stood on it for a bit, just staring at the water and remembering the good times. I continued walking along the small path until I got to the old train station.

I walked up to the ticket station and asked, "When is the next train for Wesbrook?" The man looked at a sheet of paper and answered, "Fifteen minutes. You got here just in time," He smiled.

I smiled back. "I'll take one ticket please," He nodded and started doing something behind his desk as I got the money out. "I remember you," he said. I looked at him confused as I handed him the money.

"I mean, it's not everyday a girl runs after a train," he said, smiling up at me as he gave me my ticket. I laughed a little. "You going to find 'im?" he asked. "I will try," I replied.

I smiled before going to take a seat on the bench. I put my hand over the necklace hanging around my neck. It was the one Gregory tossed out of the train window.

I thought about how I was going to miss the children at the orphanage very much. I loved all of them with all of my heart, but I needed to leave town to at least try to find him.

I felt nervous knowing I was going somewhere that I knew nothing about, just to try to find one person among thousands. My thoughts were interrupted as a train whistle blew and a train pulled into the station.

I stepped onto the train with a few others, and sat down in a seat. It had been about two minutes of waiting until I heard a voice. "Peter!" a girl's voice shouted. I perked my head up.

"Peter!" she shouted again. I looked around the cart, but no one seemed to have heard her. I looked out of the window to see a girl in tears, searching the windows. "Is there anyone on here named Peter?" I shouted.

A boy who looked to be the girl's age stood up. "I'm Peter," "I think there is someone outside looking for you," I said. He walked over to the window, and saw her. "Oh! Thank you so much!"

I watched as he rushed out and hugged her. I smiled as I watched them say goodbye. I knew what it was like to not be able to say goodbye, and I did not want that for them.

The train started moving and I watched the small town I had once called my home drift away. I was leaving behind my sister, my mother, my friends, everything. I was leaving behind everything.