Chapter Twenty Six

Luke's P.O.V

"Can you please let go of me?" I asked Niall, tears streaming down my cheeks. Even though he was holding me tightly in his arms, I did not feel safe. Niall looked shocked for a second then slowly put me down without saying a word. I thanked him under my breath, knowing well enough that he could hear me.

"I-I just need a minute alone..." I whispered, avoiding eye contact. Niall nodded but I could tell he was worried and afraid of what may happen. I wandered away from him as I removed my phone from my pocket. I scrolled through my contacts to find Alex Gaskarth's number knowing he'd answer and that he was in town at the moment. I waited for the phone to being ringing and for him to answer.

"Hello?" Alex questioned.

"Uh hi..." I answered timidly, wiping away some of the tears that still lay on my face.

"Are you okay?" He asks, concerned. I quickly shake my head before realizing he could not see me.

"Not really..." I sighed, running my hand through my hair. "I was wondering if maybe I could stay the night at your house?" I began to bite my finger-nails anxiously.

"Yeah, sure." He responded. I asked him for the address, thanked him and bid him a good-bye. I dawdled back over to Niall and told him that I am going to be staying at Alex's tonight. Niall looked upset but there was nothing I could do to make him feel better so I apologized. He waved me off and asks me how I am getting their.

"I'll take a cab."

"Okay, I'll wait with you for the cab to arrive." He insists. I try to tell him that he doesn't have to but he ignores me. I call the cab and tell them where I am. As I wait for the cab to come, an awkward silence forms between Niall and I. I try and pretend that I am busy on my phone so Niall won't speak to me. The cab soon emerges minutes later.

"Bye!" I state quickly, hopping into the car before Niall has the chance to say anything. I inform the driver of the address to the apartment. And once again, I go on my phone but I this time I text Alex and tell him that I am on my way and I ask him to wait for me outside. He replies with an 'okay'.

We pull up to the front entrance of the apparent building and I see Alex waiting on the steps for me. I pay the driver then get out of the car. Alex welcomed me and told me that we'd be taking the back entrance of the building because it was easier.

"Just letting you know, Jack does live with me and is home right now." He advised me. "It's fine." I shrugged.

It was silent as we proceeded to the back door and up two sets of stairs to Alex and Jacks apartment doorway. Alex knocked on the door as we waited for Jack to unlock it. The door opened and Jack escorted us in. They both sit down on the couch as I follow behind.

"So, when did you get this place?" I contemplated, looking around.

"Well actually we are just renting it. It's already owned by a guy but he isn't home very much which is good. Alex and I share a room although it is a 3 bedroom and we are aloud to use the other room if we need to. Obviously one room is the owners but the other one is just a spare room and a storage place." Jack clarified with a smile on his face while Alex admired him.

"Sounds great." I said, they both nodded in agreement.

"What brings you here tonight?" Alex inquired. I explain everything that has happened lately, including my feelings for both Niall and Michael-I only 'liked' one of them though, I made sure to say. I told them about why I felt the need to stay here tonight and such. They told me everything was going to be okay but I have to talk to them and tell them how I really feel, even if that means losing them. I know what I have to do now but I was too tired to do it now so I excused myself to go to bed. "Which room is it?" I questioned.

"Down the hall, second room on the left."

I trudge into the room, not bothering to turn on the light. I struggle to get my jeans off but when I finally do, I flop on the bed. I then grab the blanket from the bed and try to put it over myself-it was a bit hard to do it because the blanket was under me but I didn't want to get up so I dealt with it.

When I woke up the next morning I checked my phone to see tons of messages and calls from Calum and Ashton telling him to answer his phone and tell him what is going on. I decided to ignore them for a bit and get some food.

I rise from the bed and make my way to the kitchen hoping that someone is already up. Thankfully Alex was already up. "There is cereal in the cupboard next to the fridge." Alex commented.

I directed myself to the cupboard next to the fridge, as Alex described and got a box of cereal. Conveniently the fridge was right beside me so I grabbed the milk too-because I prefer my cereal with milk.

"Alex! Where are the bowls and spoons?" I asked, impatiently.

"The bowls are in the cupboard beside the one you were just in, and the spoons are in the smaller drawers on the right side of the sink." He answered. I retrieved the items and sat down at the dinner table.

I poured some of the cereal and milk into the bowl, stirred it around then began to eat. I couldn't stop thinking about last night and what happened. If only Niall and I hadn't come home and Michael wasn't drunk. Where were Ashton and Calum? They were probably having sex at some random club-I rolled my eyes imagining it.

After I finished eating I rinsed my bowl and spoon in the sink, and headed to the spare room. My phone rang again, I groaned in annoyance. It just happened to be Calum, great. I answered it, knowing that they wouldn't stop calling and texting me.

"What is going on?! No one is telling me and Ashton shit. Liam, Zayn, Harry and Louis have no clue either. Niall is refusing to say anything about whatever went on. Michael isn't even speaking to anyone and was extremely hung over this morning. Explain."

>>>>>>>>

Haha hi guys ^.^
Sorry this took so long to write, I started it the day we posted last chapter but then I kept getting sidetracked and stuffs. Anyways, I may have a potential girlfriend/partner;) I really like her(& vice versa) and she just so happens to be one of my best friends. We've already went on a date but we are taking it slow just to see how it works out.

I think next chapter I might post a 'get to know me' thing, maybe?

• QUESTION:
What was the first book to read on Wattpad?

• ANSWER:
It's called "Backfire" and it's a Niall Horan fanfic.

• GUESS THE SONG LYRICS:

- love of mine, someday you will die

- but I'll be close behind

- I'll follow you into the dark

-Al x