CHAPTER 16

Emerald Sustrai POV

With her Semblance, everything went quite anti-climatically. They snuck around with the unconscious body of the mansion owner, passing through all guards with ease, though they did have a close call when one of the passing by guards stopped them.

"Halt, you two."

The illusion of them freezing and looking back at the lone guard was created as Rin's voice sounded.

"Is there anything, sir?"

Rin asked with his voice unwavering, his figure tensed up with his fingers reaching for his handgun Phantom, ready to pounce whether necessary.

Suddenly, the guard just grinned as he raised his hand and puts it onto illusion Rin's shoulder. She had to concentrate and add another quick flush of Aura into the illusion, with the guard feeling that he had placed his hand onto Rin's body.

"Well, Jerry, funny story... I got tickets to the Vytal Festival Tournament!"

The guard said with excitement in his tone, causing Emerald to mentally sigh in relief before refocusing her efforts to create the perfect illusion for Rin.

"Nice! Aren't those super hard to find at this time? How did you even get them?"

Rin changed his tone to match the previous guard's as the two continued to converse for a few more seconds before the guard had to leave.

Once the coast was clear, Rin breathed a sigh of relief before signalling them to continue their heist.

Eventually they reached the lower floors and were in front of the safe. Disabling the cameras with well-placed Lighting Dust bullets from Phantom, Emerald got to work as she started slapping the shit out of Kold Kesin until he came back to the land of the living.

"W-What? Who the fuck are you people?! — "

Looking into his eyes by grabbing his chin roughly, Emerald started pouring Aura empowered by her Semblance, melding it into his psyche. Kold Kesin tried to resist it, however after a few seconds he stared at the wall with hazy eyes, completing the mission.

Rin, while she was doing her work, sealed the room shut before taking out their shared Scroll that they used during heists and tripod, leaving it standing as Emerald pulled the man up through the collar and ordered him to stand still.

He did so without hesitation.

Psyche Break, the skill that Rin dubbed, was the pinnacle of her Semblance, Illusions.

Normal applications of her Semblance will allow her to seep her Aura through her enemies/targets into their psyche, and then manipulate their senses (Sight, Smell, Touch, Hearing, Taste).

That's the bare basics of her Semblance. But once a target had already been affected by her Illusions, their Aura will act as antibodies that learned the manipulation, causing them to be more resistant the second time around.

However, by defeating and staring into their eyes, she could flood her Aura into a target, and force the psyche to break temporarily, forever if it was a normal civilian without Aura.

In this state, she could control the Aura in her target's psyche to influence their actions while in this state Rin dubbed Mind Down.

With the Scroll recording everything in front of it, Rin snapped his fingers, giving the signal that they've discussed before Emerald acted.

"Kold Kesin, confess your sins."

Rin said, with so much dominance in his tone that it made Emerald's stomach flutter a little. She'll shelve this for later, ignoring the heat on her cheeks as she did her job, manipulating the psyche of Kold to spill everything.