CHAPTER 11

Jaune Arc POV

With slow breathing, Jaune raised his shield as he concentrated, his grip on his weapons loosen up slightly while thanking Rin for training his stamina. If he hadn't, then he would have outright dropped to the ground at this point.

Cardin Winchester of CRDL, a big bad bully in their Year, was fighting against him with his mace. He had a cocky smirk as he rests his mace over on his shoulders.

Man, fighting really tires him out too much. He should follow Nora and Pyrrha to the gym more.

"Come on, Arc, is this the best that you can do?"

He said with a chuckle at his tired breathing, to which Jaune retorts, remembering about a lesson that Rin taught him before.

"When against a human enemy, taunting them is the best way to create new openings. Human behavior is all about emotion after all. So taunt them, and hit them when they're not expecting it."

Sorry, Cardin. Nothing personal.

"Your mom immediately regretted saying that last night."

He flashed a fake mocking smirk to add to the damage when Cardin's face darkened.

"Ohhh!!!"

He could hear Yang and Nora screaming at the insult, as Cardin roared in anger before running at him. Breathing out, he focuses as Cardin got closer and closer.

Recalling a technique that Pyrrha used a while back against Yang who was in her Semblance, he calmed down, relaxed his body before moving towards Cardin.

They rushed at each other, Cardin bringing down his mace with anger in his veins. Expecting the swing, Jaune raises his shield as the mace impacts on it, sending tremors through his left hand.

Gritting his teeth to deal with the pain, he redirects the mace to the side before moving opposite to the mace, creating a disadvantage for Cardin as his mace arm was now in recovery.

Using this opening, Jaune slashes on Cardin's hand, disarming the mace out of his hands.

Yelling out a battle cry, he swipes one of Cardin's legs, causing his opponent to yelp in surprise as he falls to the ground. Scrambling to get up, Jaune quickly gets on top of Cardin before pointing his sword on his neck, just an inch from flesh.

"Yield!"

Jaune said loudly as Cardin thrashes around, trying to get out of the hold and starting cursing at him, when an alarm beeped across the room. The lights turned on and revealed a classroom filled with studies of Year One Beacon students.

"Mr. Winchester, that is enough, you have lost."

Ms. Goodwitch said with an authoritative tone as she floated down to the combat stadium in the middle of the lecture hall, where the two were fighting in just prior.

Cardin, who's face looked like someone who had eaten a sour plum, stops flailing under him as the sound of heels clacking on marble got closer.

Sighing in relief, Jaune gets up from the hold as Ms. Goodwitch talks to the rest of the students above them, referring to holographic screens that showed their Aura Levels.

Jaune Arc: 57% (Yellow)

Cardin Winchester: 73% (Yellow)

"Students, as you can see, even though Mr. Winchester's Aura is still in the Yellows, I still regarded Mr. Arc as the winner. This is because Mr. Arc had full control over Mr. Winchester, and one swipe to the neck would certainly push Mr. Winchester's Aura to Red.