CHAPTER 15

Emerald Sustrai POV

Today was the day. After two weeks of scouting the base of Kold Kesin and infiltrating the base for over a dozen times, they finally sent the calling card yesterday midnight.

Upon the clock hitting midnight, she started to wear her uniform.

Her base was an open, mint green trench coat with black lining on the edges. Underneath it was an ash gray turtleneck. For leggings, she wore black and gray combat jeans along with brown combat boots.

Finally, she opened a secret compartment in her closet to reveal a gray owl mask. Wearing it, she adjusts it to make it comfortable before walking down the stairs of Leblanc.

Rin had given her the privacy to change, which was very sweet of him, but the back of her mind was disappointed that he doesn't sneak a look. Heck, that was the reason she made her jeans one size smaller, so that Rin would take a peek, but nope.

Shaking her head, she saw that he was already ready with his Metaverse outfit, that was what he called their Phantom Thief clothing, with his hands crossed up in front of his chest.

"Are you ready, Emerald?"

He asks with a shift of tone, now exerting confidence with every movement, a far cry to his normal kind and gentle tone. That was one of the reasons why no one suspected them in the first place, the Phantom Thief, Daemon and Leblanc's owner, Rin, were different people as far as the public were concerned.

"Yeah, let's go!"

She says with an excited smile. Every time a heist is underway, she couldn't help but feel giddy inside. It was much more entertaining and exciting compared to her normal days as an ordinary thief.

Nodding, he extends his hand for her to take it. A flash of blue fire erupts on his face before they both disappear from Leblanc.

Appearing a few blocks from the mansion of Kold Kesin, they both watched the mansion from afar using binoculars as Rin briefs the situation.

"Our goal is the safe box in the second underground floor, that should hold the blackmail and important details that Kold Kesin keeps.

The safe has a few biometric scans that are needed, a face scan, fingerprint scan, and voice-recognition. We will kidnap Kold Kesin himself and force him to open it with your Semblance's hallucinations.

Then, any Lien that we find is ours to take. Remember, the safe is the upmost priority."

Emerald nods her head in understanding as she asked.

"Alright, first we knock out the front post guards, then when it's time to rotate shifts, I'll use my Semblance to disguise as them.

Then we walk in and sneak our way to the master bedroom on the 3rd floor. Take Kold and then sneak back to the 2nd underground floor. Open the safe and get out. Did I get that right?"

After hearing the plan once more, Rin nodded.

"One problem, the security is tighter than we expected."

Following his gaze, she takes her own binoculars and looked at the mansion.

There were men everywhere with guns, patrolling around constantly. Usually there were only 20 men outside, but now there were about 70, not counting the men inside.

This guy had the money to hire so many goons, it was insane.

"So, what do we do?"

"The same. Disguise, stay in the shadows, complete the mission."