CHAPTER 3

??? POV

"What?!"

Rin exclaims as the doctor told him the news.

"Sorry, but unless you've paid for it, then we will unfortunately have to remove your father from the ward — "

"But I already paid this month's amount!"

"Yes, but there has been some... Changes. You'll now have to pay an additional 50,000 Yen along with your monthly payment of 92,273 Yen — "

"B-But this doesn't make any sense! No one pays 50 grand for just staying in a ward! The 100 thousand Yen already pays for everything!"

Rin argued back with a face of fury as the doctor just sighs, tired of this farce.

"Listen... If you're so broke, then go sell a kidney or something, I don't really care what the hell you do."

The doctor's tone changed from pity to annoyance, causing the boy to look in shock as he pokes Rin's chest, a gesture of mocking.

"But if you don't give me my — the hospital's payment, then say goodbye to your father, and tell him that you were such a bad kid that you'd not even pay his dues."

And with a smug smirk, he walks away with a wave, leaving Rin standing alone in a hallway.

"I'll wait for my payment, Junichiro-san. Remember, you have three weeks until the next payment..."

Pyrrha Nikos POV

Pyrrha Nikos was a well known celebrity, unfortunately. That meant that even going to a simple café must be as discrete as possible, or else her fans would swarm her, something that she wishes that doesn't come with being a four-time Mistralian Champion.

She loves fighting, the thrill of it makes her life so much colorful, but she definitely did not sign up for the fame, even if it makes good money and better treatment.

Walking around Vale with a hood, something that most turn a blind eye since most Huntsmen wear cloaks to cover their scars, she window-shops as she admires the sights of Vale. Haven was more... dull-colored compared to Vale's atmosphere, it was quite relaxing to say the least.

Feeling a bit parched from the walk, she looked around the block before her eyes caught the attention of a café.

"Leblanc?"

"Blanc" was "white" in Ancient Valerian, right? Nowadays, people use the modern Valerian as the inter-kingdom language as a default, but she had studied past languages as a side hobby. It's quite rare for someone to use Ancient Valerian.

Taking a good look, she sees that there weren't any guests or customers either, increasing the odds of her going into this specific shop. After a few seconds of thinking, she settles on just going in and order first before deciding whether to stay.

... And it's not because of the cute barista, alright? Just wanted to make it clear, her final decision was not based on the fact that the barista was so cute frowning his eyebrows thinking of something, nope!

Entering the store, her eyes wandered around the store as it soon landed on the cute barista. Nervously, she gulped as the barista noticed her.

"Oh, hello. Welcome to Leblanc. What can I get you?"

He said with a very soothing voice as she cleared her throat, he was giving her such a cute smile, it made her cheeks burn slightly.