𝟎𝟕𝟎 | Astoria Greengrass

{ important a/n at the bottom }

             WHEN THE BLONDE HAD MANIPULATED her emotions to stop spiraling out of control, Theo's piercing blue gaze bored into her own, before he gently kissed her and gave her a smile that reminded her very much of the way he used to smile at her when they were kids.

"But no one has to find out!" Ophelia blurted. "Especially Draco."

"Don't worry," a wicked smirk slid across his lips. "No one will find out."

"Promise?" she asked breathlessly, her gray eyes flitting up to look into his, silently begging for his word, his affirmation.

"I promise." He had taken her hand and placed it on his chest, to feel the heartbeat that thrummed under the confines of his ribs.

Ophelia slept well that night, blushing and giggling all night.

The good thing about being friends with Luna was that it automatically gave Ophelia the opportunity to make more friends. People no longer thought she was completely unapproachable. 

Like Astoria Greengrass.

The moment the Greengrass girl caught Ophelia's eye from the Slytherin table at breakfast and smiled, Ophelia knew she would get along with her.

Sure enough, during the next class with the Slytherins, Astoria sat next to Ophelia, gently tucking her blonde hair behind her ear. "I hope it's okay if I sit here," the Slytherin asked quietly, to which the blonde merely nodded.

Until she saw Astoria's bag.

Ophelia gasped softly, eyes widening. "Is that the latest Hermes?" she asked, jaw dropping. "It's fabulous!"

"Got it as a birthday gift," Astoria shrugged. "But Father bought it in orange. When I didn't like the color, he took me to the store to choose."

"Ivory is by far the prettiest," Ophelia agreed. "Mine's last season," she held up her own pink bag. "I would have thrown it out but the color is limited edition, so it's still in."

Limited edition was what Ophelia chose to call it. The truth was that she had paid the store a huge sum to make the same design in pink just for her, because she hadn't liked the boring colors they had (red, orange, ivory, tan, white, black and blue).

"Limited edition my ass!" Astoria snorted. "You totally bribed them."

Astoria was a pureblood, her father was rich, she knew how these things worked.

Ophelia gasped in disbelief. "How dare you?!" she placed a hand on her chest, though a giggle slipped past her lips. "Yes, I bribed them," she admitted. "But look, it's so pretty!"