𝟎𝟔𝟓 | Hoax

             IT IS RARE TO LOOK forward to something and dread it at the same time, as there are very few cases where this actually happens. Most people think they dread something, but they look forward to it realistically, and the same thing works vice versa.

But not in Ophelia's case. This date was something she had been looking forward to, for almost two whole weeks. And the idiot Colin had to go ruin it by doing something stupid.

But a fake date with Theo? 

Well, that had it's complexities. On one hand, Ophelia looked forward to it because spending time with Theo lately was fun. On the other, she dreaded it because she did not want to draw any extra unwanted attention on her by fake-dating him, because no one else besides the two would know it was fake. 

She also dreaded Draco finding out.

But most of all, she dreaded facing Colin.

Speaking of the devil himself, her ex best friend had been following her around for the past two days like a lost puppy, trying to talk to her and offer her an explanation, to which the blonde would flip him off with her middle finger without even looking at him, or pretend she hadn't heard him.

Or she would call him a mudblood.

Of course she knew it was the most offensive term in the wizarding world, but she didn't care any more. Because Colin had hurt her when she had given him a second chance. Of course, that didn't mean she had completely gotten rid of her feelings for him.

No, Ophelia was still in love with Colin.

And that was why it took every living cell in her body to control herself from not hearing him out or forgiving him.

It was also why she spent all her time with Theo and Blaise; because Colin did not like them, so he wouldn't follow her around and try to get her attention when she was with her brother's friends.

Theo had told Ophelia to wear something slightly formal, since he was taking her to a fancy restaurant that had just opened in the more expensive part of Hogsmeade instead of the normal cheap teashop that everyone visited on Valentine's day; Madame Puddifoot's.

So when the day finally arrived, Ophelia decided to go all out.

Indeed, Colin would have to see what he was missing out on.

Sure enough, on Valentine's day, when Ophelia waited in the Great Hall for Theo, she could literally feel everyone's eyes on her.

She could even hear the whispers behind her back. 

"Oh my gosh, are those real diamonds?"