𝟎𝟒𝟑 | Hits Different

{ important author's note at the bottom }

             THE TIME TO GO BACK to Hogwarts had arrived. After a summer full of death eater meetings, and Daily Prophet articles that conveyed the news of the deaths of hundreds of deaths of muggle families, Ophelia and Draco were finally glad to get away from Malfoy Manor.

Their home didn't feel like home.

No, instead it was a dead, fragmented version of the place they grew up.

Ophelia was chosen to be a prefect this year. She was elated. Draco had told her prefects got special privileges, and the blonde was looking forward to them.

Narcissa was proud of Ophelia, even though she didn't show it, and gave Ophelia a small bracelet of pure white gold and diamonds as a congratulations gift.

There was one thing Ophelia also looked forward to; rubbing her prefect badge in Ginny's and Mariana's faces.

On September the First, Narcissa took Ophelia and Draco to King's Cross Station, and after she said goodbye to the pair, she left quickly.

Ophelia knew her mother was crying.

Narcissa had been crying softly ever since Draco became a Death Eater, and it broke Ophelia's heart to see her mother reduced to nothing but a lifeless, weeping figure instead of her usual poised and elegant self.

"I'll get that for you," Draco muttered quietly, as Ophelia began lifting her heavy trunk. He picked up his younger sister's trunk, and entered the train, looking for an empty compartment.

Ophelia had also noticed Draco was much more quiet. He didn't talk to her, or anyone else for the matter, unless it was absolutely necessary. He had been skipping his meals, and over the past week, had grown paler and skinnier. Of course, both siblings had shot up miraculously over the summer, but Draco looked tired and weary; judging by the dark circles under his eyes.

The only thing Draco had was lavender tea; every night.

Ophelia was glad that Draco finally treated her a bit better. It wasn't a perfect relationship, but it was way better than it originally was. The blonde knew that it was only some time before Draco would start to push her away.

For now, she would get so close to him that he would find it impossible to live without her.

The Malfoy siblings were seated in an empty compartment, in absolute silence, Ophelia holding Draco's hand in her smaller one, as she looked out the window.