𝟎𝟏𝟑 | Count on Me

                  THE REST OF THE CHRISTMAS break, Ophelia spent at Malfoy Manor. She left Hogwarts on boxing day, very early in the morning, and unfortunately, Draco came with her too. She did not speak to him at all, during the whole time they resided at their home.

Lucius was very busy with work, so he used to come home late at night, and was too tired to do anything but go straight to bed. Narcissa was refurbishing the whole manor with new décor, so she too, was busy.

Ophelia spent all her time at the Malfoy Manor library, rereading her favorites, waking up late, taking showers in her hot tub and gardening with her mother.

Going back to Hogwarts was something she looked forward too, for the first time in her life, mainly for two reasons. One was to hear the exaggerated gossip of her schoolmates about what happened at the Yule Ball, and the other, was to see Colin Creevey.

She wanted to accept his apology in person, and after thinking about it throughout the rest of the winter break, she decided she would get him something in return.

She had placed the framed photographs in her bedroom on her vanity, and every time she looked at them, she found herself smiling as she remembered the kind hearted, yet somewhat annoying muggleborn. 

At least she had something to look forward to when she went back.

Ophelia knew that after what she did to Ginny Weasley at the ball, the redhead would think twice before crossing her once more, so she found it adequate to move back into her dormitory. 

 She decided to personalize her side of the room, so  she used a spell to transfigure the curtains around her four poster bed into a shade of shimmery pink, and hung fairy lights on the roof of her bed. 

She was reading in the common room when he walked in.

And she looked up.

His brown hair was tousled and dishrivelled as usual, his arm casually slung around his brother's shoulders, and Ophelia watched him straighten his brother's tie before giving him a hug. A pang of sadness filled through her.

He was a perfect big brother, and Ophelia wished so very much that she had a brother who cared for her as much as Colin cared for Dennis Creevey.

Colin, as if he'd sensed her looking at her, lifted his head up, and their eyes met. Dennis scurried off in the direction of his friends, as Colin strode towards where Ophelia sat in her corner, taking a seat the chair opposite her.

"Hi," Ophelia said softly, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Hey," Colin replied, playing with his fingers, rather nervously. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry—"