𝟎𝟑𝟓 | Falling

          DRIVEN NUMB BY THE RAIN, Ophelia Malfoy had lost majority of her senses, and the ability to distinguish the stimuli in her environment, far too immersed in the bottomless pit of her mind.

Until it felt like she was being touched.

Her shoulder, her face, someone was touching her. 

"Ophelia."

Someone was... calling her?

That voice. She knew it belonged to—

"Ophelia!"

There it was; louder this time. But this time, it was accompanied by a violent shake of her shoulder.

But she sat there in the rain, staring at the lake, numb, and unfeeling.

And then she felt herself being lifted, delicately, over someone's shoulder. Her hands dangled down, her drenched blonde hair hung low, and she stared at the grass as the rain fell on it, her eyes unblinking.

She only snapped out of it when she noticed that it wasn't raining anymore, and she was looking at a marble floor instead of grass. Whoever carried her put her down, on a warm wooden bench.

Ophelia lifted her eyes up to his face.

"Draco," she choked.

"What were you thinking?" Draco hissed, eyes narrowed. "You could have fallen ill!"

Ophelia felt her rage simmer down. "I.. don't... know!" 

She was shivering, yet the fire that burned from within still burned brighter than ever.

"I don't know if you were trying to kill yourself or what," he muttered, as he crouched before her, roughly taking off her drenched robes and tossing them to the side. "Lucky I arrived there just in time.. Father would have had my head.. And he's rather preoccupied..." 

At the mention of Lucius, Ophelia perked up. 

"Daddy's preoccupied?" she asked. "With what?"

"The ministry," Draco answered quickly. "What else?"

He took off his own robes, and tossed them at her. "Put those on."

"Thank you," Ophelia murmured. And then it sunk in. "How did you know I was there?"

Draco cleared his throat. "Nott saw you. He mentioned it to me."

"Oh," Ophelia shifted uncomfortably, wrapping Draco's warm robes around her lithe frame, her wet hair clinging to her back.