- chapter ten

TURNING PAGE !

— "HOW IS HE?" Bella barged into Brooke's bedroom

— "HOW IS HE?" Bella barged into Brooke's bedroom. "Yes, hi to you too." The girl responded sarcastically. "How is who?" She knew who Bella was asking about, she just chose not to meddle.

"Jacob. How is he?"

"He's fine." Her answer was short, not wanting to give Bella anymore information. It wasn't her business to tell. "Just 'fine'?"

"Yup."

"I need to see him." Bella stormed out, Brooke shook her head. "You think dracula's gonna let you go?" She shouted after her sister, only getting a 'Shut up!' in response.

"Hello, you heathens." Brooke sat down at their new table, choosing her normal seat beside Paul. "Hey." Paul greeted quietly, the imprint pair had still been getting used to things. Slowly growing more comfortable with each other.

"Hi."

Jacob was silent, his fight with Bella still clear on his mind. The table grew loud as everyone began to speak, Embry and Quil arguing about something as usual.

Seth had also joined their group at their lunch table, being the youngest of them all.

Everyone had fallen into a routine, a sense of familiarity falling on them all everytime they were together.

"You're going to see mom?" Brooke barged into her sister's bedroom, not surprised to see Edward was also there. "Yeah." Bella answered.

"And Edward's using the companion ticket?"

"Yeah?"

"You don't see the problem there? It's not like I want to see mom or anything—" Brooke was angry, not only because Bella still found a way to stick with Edward likw glue, but that she hadn't even thought Brooke would want to see their mother too.

"I didn't know—"

"Y'know dad only agreed because he thought you'd be going alone, or at least taking me with. Yet, you're taking Edward with you." She scoffed, looking over at said boy. "You sure you wanna go to Florida, sparkle boy?"

He winced at her harsh tone, and her even harsher thoughts. It'd become known to him that Brooke wasn't his biggest fan, neither of his family. Sure, Jasper and Rosalie were her friends once, but after they left. Nothing was the same.